I need some help with buttons

3l3m3nt

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to create some good looking buttons for this health departments website... problem is i can't make them look like actual plastic buttons... Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/dbzmusicvids/index.htm

only place i can host the work i have done.... i'm using frontpage 2003 with the built in draw toolbar to setup the website. The buttons i wish were more 3d like.... and red line is hard to keep together with front page because when you preview it it'll look fine but after you save it then look at it it's all apart...

Damn, no offence but the site doesnt look good to me.
Use some flash tutorial. Dreamweaver has some very nice pre-made buttons.

Those buttons i created with the drawing toolbar built into frontpage... dreamweaver has a very limited selection of flash buttons... frontpage 2003 has a huge collection of interactive buttons that i'm probably going to have to use.

it may just be me...but it doesnt seem like all the elements line up correctly on your page.

Yeah i know, using the built in drawing menu lets you draw lines and add shapes wherever you want on the page...so i lined up the lines that you see and they are even when you preview them, but come up uneven when you save it and preview it... i'll have to think up something.

You should try to make your own with various paint programs. I through this one together in minutes it's not perfect but i just wanted to show how quick and easy they are. to make
hardocpforum.gif

at this point, maybe the best thing you can do is just "draw the site" in photoshop, and slice it up in imageready... it'll lay all the tables together for you...

Wow that looks awesome...i would love to use those on the website... what did you use to create that?

He He He ... are you sure you want to hear it?

Hmmm, so you want to hear the truth?

Well ... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! :D

CorelDraw 11

You need to invest in a program like Photoshop with Image Ready, no offense to you but that site is well...horrible. Your corner thats rounded was drawn by you, as I can tell because its all bumpy, and uneven. The cross on your buttons isn't even! You shouldnt use front page, use notepad with a combination of image ready, and write your websites by hand. I'm sorry for this sounding so mean, but I'm being honest and giving you my thoughts on your site.

I fixed a ton of shit... site looks a lot better now

After i have it uploaded i'll give you guys a link to it so you can give your inputs.

I tried to just create a site with flash but it was taking me wayy too long and i just couldn't produce as good of work as frontpage.

Back