• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I need some help: soundcard / dac

Battou62

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
225
I recently found a good deal on a used Sennheiser pc360 headset, and was wondering what to pair it with. Should I get a soundcard like the Xonar DX or should I get a external dac/amp like the Nuforce mobile. It seems you can use a mic with the Nuforce? Would this be a good setup? I know Nuforce is not the only dac to have a mic input also. I would prefer to have an external headphone dac/amp as it seems it would provide a little more utility. Anyways I need your thoughts on the situation.

Edit: It seems the nuforce only supports in-line mics, so I guess that a no go.
 
Last edited:
Try it with your current soundcard first (even if its onboard).
 
I definately will try that, but I can also hook them up to my Onkyo receiver which would probably be better but has no mic option.
 
Connect the headphone to the headphone out of the Onkyo. Get a 3.5mm extension cable for the mic and connect it to the computer.
 
I have considered this option and its something I would really like to avoid. It seems a very messy way to do things. I guess my mind is boggled that there is not a all in one option for what im trying to do.
 
Im seeing that the Astro mixamp might be a good solution to what I'm trying to do. Does anyone have any experience with this product? Its a costs a bit more than a Xonar DX but might be worth it. Any input?
 
I'm starting to see why so many people just recommend a clip on mic. It seems there is no good solution to good headphones with a mic that doesnt cost an arm and a leg. Now I am considering getting set of JVC RX-900 headphones. I may get a headphone amp/dac down the road, but I figure I cand rive them with my receiver for the time being. Still looking for input.
 
Back
Top