• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I need some help picking a case...

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
1,164
Im looking for a case that can house 1 8800gts 512 video card with room for hardrives...

Im guessing im going to need a full tower for this. Can anyone recommend a full tower from newegg (maybe a mid tower if it can fit a 8800GTS 512) that has a removable motherboard tray and if possible be under 100dollars?

thanks
 
Im looking for a case that can house 1 8800gts 512 video card with room for hardrives...

Im guessing im going to need a full tower for this. Can anyone recommend a full tower from newegg (maybe a mid tower if it can fit a 8800GTS 512) that has a removable motherboard tray and if possible be under 100dollars?

thanks
That's kind of like asking us for advice on a case that is compatible with case fans.....

Almost every case out there can handle an 8800GTS and hard drives...

I vote for an Antec 900, why you ask? Well, it was $60, good cooling and can hold a video card, motherboard and a processor.
 
You don't need a full tower for a GTS. The GTS variants are no longer than the width of a motherboard. I've got one in my SFF.

Drives are another story, and it's going to depend on how many you plan in using. Even a regular mid tower stacker-style case can fit more than the vast majority of people need.
 
ok thanks for the info. Does the antec 900 sport a removable mobo tray?
 
yeah that bites :( i would really like to have a removable one. Also you all got me to change my mind i think i will have to go with a mid tower.
 
Nope, only ones I know that have trays are the Cooler Master Stacker and Cosmos series, some of the Thermaltake cases have them, not sure about Lian-Li although I would imagine they do for what they cost, kinda dull on the outside but the interiors are well planned out.
 
If your looking for a decent sized case, the ultra aluminius is a good case and sports a removable mb tray, its even big enough for a tuniq tower and accelero s1 to fit w/ a little bit of room to spare, or you can check your local bestbuy for a nice BIG relabeled Lian-Li case (Rocketfish) i got mine for $50 yesterday

heres the link to the web site it sells there for $119 but the store i have been to and other have found it for under $55

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+case&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1183160363476
 
I just built a system with a GTS in it, I used a Lian Li Pc-60 plus it has 2 120mm fans and 2 80mm fans. WORD!
 
Well I use the Rocketfish case and I would say to consider that if you want something with a good size to it. Cases are really personal items, and I really prefer the clean black aluminium look of the Rocketfish compared to most of the "gaming" cases on the market. There is so much room in the Rocketfish I never worried about not having a removable motherboard tray.
 
It is extremely difficult to find cases with removable mobo trays or drawers any more. Silverstone TJ09/10, Akasa Eclipse 62 and var., Ultra m998 (has been on a decent sale lately and it's basically the same as the Akasa), Tt Eureka/Shark (based on the same chassis). Just get a case with adequate work room like the C-M 590/690 or the Rosewill R5600series.
Or you can go on down to your BestBuy and get a Rocketfish Full Tower for a really large box for low bucks. One of your local stores may still have some - check at their web site. As low as $50. at some stores.

.bh.
 
Back
Top