• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I need some help finding the right mobo

Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
555
Hey all,

I've decided to either put my system into a custom sff case I'm building or build a new system for it. My main problem currently is that I need to have 2 pci slots usable when using a graphics card with a dual slot cooling solution.

I need one for sound and one for wireless. And I'm upgrading my gpu to one with a dual slot cooling solution on it.


Now I haven't seen any Intel boards with the config of the slots I need. And only like 1 or 2 amd boards. I am looking to OC whatever I get fairly decently. I'd prefer an Intel board (Which I've had no luck at all finding) as well I have an Intel cpu already and it'd cost me less $ that way. (Yeah I could get a pci-e x1 wireless but that's like $80-100 in and of itself so I wouldn't wind up saving any $)

The best of the bunch for AMD seems to be the Abit AN-M2 nView?


Thanks for any help you can give!
 
This is the reason I am going back to a regular sized ATX board next build.
I do not understand why almost all mATX boards have such piss poor slot lay outs.
 
Go to: Logicsupply.com or net or just google it. They have a wide variety. Great website.
 
Why not buy a USB wireless adapter. I used to work for Road Runner and the internal PCI wireless adapteres didn't have as good range as an external USB one. The computer case itself acts as a barrier to receiving signal and with an external USB wireless adapter you can position the adapter to get the best signal.
 
I have seen tons of AMD boards at newegg with the layout you are mentioning. I think the MSI nvidia chipset 7025 motherboard fit (but I am getting really tired of MSI lately). Also what the person said above me about the Abit AirPace I second on. That is a sweet little PCIe card that was on sale for $2 back in the holidays.
Jason
 
Back
Top