STrooperTK421
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 8, 2009
- Messages
- 466
Ok...I have a Dell desktop that I had some problems with. I tried to install a new NIC after the one built onto the motherboard decided to stop working. When I installed the new one, it didn't work at all...same problem, wouldn't see the network.
So...after resetting everything I could (and changing slots too) using the netsh command, I decided to try one last thing. I would just "cook" Windows Vista and start over again and maybe this might solve my problem. I restarted the computer into recovery mode and told it to restore from the recovery partition.
It began its process and then a minute or so into the boot partition format process it puked on something and threw up an error dialog that had no text, just one of those lovely white X's on a red back ground. When I hit OK, it rebooted the computer. I'm sure you can see where this is going.
Oh yeah, there is no recovery disc either, didn't get one with the machine.
Soooooo, is there something that I can put on a 4GB USB thumb drive that I can boot that will allow me access to the recovery partition and give me the ability to rebuild Windows?
So...after resetting everything I could (and changing slots too) using the netsh command, I decided to try one last thing. I would just "cook" Windows Vista and start over again and maybe this might solve my problem. I restarted the computer into recovery mode and told it to restore from the recovery partition.
It began its process and then a minute or so into the boot partition format process it puked on something and threw up an error dialog that had no text, just one of those lovely white X's on a red back ground. When I hit OK, it rebooted the computer. I'm sure you can see where this is going.
Oh yeah, there is no recovery disc either, didn't get one with the machine.
Soooooo, is there something that I can put on a 4GB USB thumb drive that I can boot that will allow me access to the recovery partition and give me the ability to rebuild Windows?