• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i need some help again .. upgrade suggestions

jetjaguar

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 28, 2001
Messages
2,538
ok ive been changing my mind constantly .. but here i am .. sli i wanted to do originally but i doubt i would ever get a second video card since i would prolly just upgrade to a newer one .. so sli is pretty much out ..

here is my current system

2.4C @ 3.4
2x512 corsair xms pc3500
abit ic7 motherboard
9700 pro (i know sucks)

so should i upgrade or not .. nforce 4 is around the corner .. but it just seems like maybe i should switch out my motherboard and video card and i should be good ... i game somewhat .. i play cs source .. hl 2 .. WoW ..
but im not gaming like 24/7 ...

the only things i was thinking of adding would be a sound card since im running onboard sound right now .. some better speakers ... maybe some headphones .. and a 74gb raptor .. what do you guys think .. seriously

thanks
 
all I'd say is to grab a 9800 pro. I got the 9800 all in wonder and it works good for me. I bet that'll keep you goin for a couple more years.
 
I think your setup is more than decent.. seriously I'd be freakin' happy if I had a 9700.. get yourself a sound card and a nice set of speakers..
 
all that stuff costs way too much at the moment...your setup is fine
 
hmmm .. so u think just getting a better graphics card and ill be fine ??
and a sound card .. and say screw upgrading for awhile .. im wondering if i watercool my p4 maybe i could hit higher .. or should i just swap motherboards to an ic7 max3 ?
 
if you're looking for a semi-cheap sound card that works good, I'd suggest the Turtle beach santa cruz.
 
Back
Top