I need some canals <= $80ish

rsgunter

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
1,325
I need some canal headphones for a motorcycle trip I'll be taking soon. Oak Ridge, TN to Nova Scotia(and back obviously.)

Comfort is actually probably a little more important than sound being that I'll have these in my ears with no access to them for 2-4 hours at a time because I'll be on the bike with a full face helmet. I would however, like some nice sound.

I have no idea what is out there that's worth a flip. I generally don't focus on canal cans because I normally use my HD595s. :D

And again, less than or equal to $80 is preferable.
 
I'd say go with Sennheiser cx300 in ear or the cx400 (has shorter wires). Shure e4c's are good too, with foam inserts. Rubber gets kinda sweaty and slimey after a while. Especially under a helmet on a hot summer day!

BTW, that should be an AWESOME motorcycle trip. I want to do a similar route, except from Harrisburg, PA to St. John's, Newfoundland on my 2006 Kawasaki Z750s. Nova Scotia is beautiful. What kind of bike are you taking?
 
Thanks folks!

I was looking at the cx series.

The ER-6i look nice too. :D
 
The problem with wearing canal phones for such long periods of time is that if you don't insert them just right, they can become uncomfortable pretty quickly.

Also, just FYI, it is illegal in most states to drive/ride while wearing headphones.
 
Not to be rude, but would it not be more important to be able to hear horns, sirens, ect while on the road? Seems a little unsafe to me, especially if on a bike. You'll have to forgive me for sounding like an old fart, my little brother was hospitalized from laying down a hyabusa just a few days ago..
 
The ER-6i look nice too. :D

Those are amazing little earbuds. I got those a few months ago, and they sound great once you get a good seal. The only problem is that you can hear anything brushing up against the cable (microphonics). That alone should probably rule them out for your use though.
 
Back
Top