I need som advice on Dual Boxing.

Isaacav2

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone here dualboxed some W.O.W charictors before? It looks fun. I am using 1 computer with 1 monitor. I need help looking for a simple multiplexing program like Keyclone, but I need it to work with Vista 64.

Advice anyone? :) ty.

Don't you need multiple computers to dual box? I don't think it's possible to control more than one character at a time because Windows can only focus on one window (if you know what I mean? You can't type in two forums at once, can you?)

You'd be able to switch between WoW windows, but you won't be able to synchronize it for one keypress like you see in videos.

Again, don't know for sure, but almost positive you would need more than one computer to do that.

And maybe to supress other comments: Yes, it is fully "legal" and supported by Blizzard. They are getting 2x+ the money from you that way as well

One computer is all you need, it just must be capable of running more than 1 instance of WoW at a time. What are your specs? running only 2 instances of wow won't take very much at all. I haven't personally multi-boxed before, but have seen/talked to a few that have. There's a shaman on my server that multi-boxes, well, 5 shamans. Seems pretty sweet, but then again, he's paying for 5 accounts. A little too expensive for my blood.

Anyways, there's a variety of programs to help with controlling multiple characters. Macro's get set up that the other characters run off your main basically, whichever character you choose to use. Whenever that character does something, the others do the same thing, such as moving or casting the same/similar spell. You get into developing some really hardcore macros. Keyclone is a good recommended program, it should work for vista 64 bit. Check out this site for some good starting help on multi-boxing. Octopus is another talked about a lot.

Edit: Which classes are you wanting to dual-box? same class or 2 different ones? Also, just for having fun PvE solo'ing or PvP?

For some reason It wont let me unzip the temp install files for keyclone so I can't install it. :confused:

I did the two account thing for awhile, but I did it by hand on two different comps. One thing I could never figure out a way to counter was fear. If they feared one guy then your positioning and stuff was all screwed up and very hard to recover from...basically any sort of CC where you lose control of your character was a pain. But fear was something where a character could potentially run behind something causing LOS issues.

Back