I need Pink LED fans.

I cannot find these things anywhere. I know I saw them before a couple years back when I didn't need them (of course). I now need them for a customer's build who wants a clear case with pink LEDs. In a perfect world I'd like to match these neon tubes http://www.xoxide.com/12linespcoca1.html although any pink ranging from carnation to hot pink could work.

I know you can buy hot pink LEDs and put them on fans yourself manually but my soldering iron quit on me during my last project and I don't have the funds at the moment to purchase a new one. I need to finish this build by the 19th of December (client leaves town and this is a Christmas surprise for his wife).

If you guys know of a site that sells these or know someone willing to do this for no more than $15 per fan let me know. Thanks.

Yeah, I had thought of that already but I really pride myself on professional looking work and the glued on plastic wrap does not sit well with me. I'm still going around to different brand name websites looking for red fans that end up pink.

I don't know of any fans sold as "pink" right off the bat, but as said, allot of the "red" ones really do look "pink". You could just buy some pink LED's and change out the ones in the fan with them, but then again most "pink" LED's are really violet when you get down to it, but that all matters on how picky you are.

I've used those UV leds before and they come out purple.

I'll be getting one of those irons Flogge, thanks.

I'd swap the LEDs out no problem but I don't have a soldering iron atm...I'm pretty sure I already said that.

White LED fan (do they make them?) and pink nail polish. Back when I was case modding, back when the color options for LEDs were clear, red, and green I would use nail polish on white LEDs to get other colors and it worked pretty well. Looks clean as only the LEDs are painted and is cheap. Only challenge would be clear LED fans.

From http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/559386-pink-led-fans.html:

"I can't really help with larger fans than 120mm, but for case fans the AC Ryan Blackfire4 Red fan is pretty pink contrary to it's name. I bought 4 of them hoping for a cool red like what the picture shows, but they are pink as pink gets. You can use them with UV or without and still have them turn out pink. Under the UV they glow a little better.

http://www1.acryan.com/_fan/ACR-BF4685.shtml

"Don't let the picture fool you, they are all the way pink. I wish I still had the pictures of what they really looked like in my case. Even the sleeving was pinkish more than red.

"Edit - Needless to say after buying them I was super disappointed, but I sold them to a friend of mine that wanted to get some pink going in her case. She was very satisfied with them. "

At Perf. PCs: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3852

I've used those UV leds before and they come out purple.

I'll be getting one of those irons Flogge, thanks.

I'd swap the LEDs out no problem but I don't have a soldering iron atm...I'm pretty sure I already said that.

Dunno if you have any close by, but you can also pick up a cheap soldering iron for around 8 bucks at radio shack. I'd imagine that'd be cheaper than looking for such a specific specialized part. (from a cost standpoint...you said you didn't have the money to get another one). Also, they have a pretty loose return policy there so you could use it for the project and then just take it back and say it was defective (not that I am advocating this...just saying it'd be pretty easy).

The nail polish was a good idea. Hadn't thought of that.

I went with the Blackfire fans. I found them yesterday but I couldn't really find any confirming pics that they came out pink; guess I'll find out.

The pink fans are for a Christmas surprise PC for my friend's wife.

White LED fan (do they make them?) and pink nail polish. Back when I was case modding, back when the color options for LEDs were clear, red, and green I would use nail polish on white LEDs to get other colors and it worked pretty well. Looks clean as only the LEDs are painted and is cheap. Only challenge would be clear LED fans.

Nah, they make white LED fans cheap on Newegg.
No problem at all. Good suggestion, just go at it with some pink sharpie for uber low budget cost.

Back