I need help making an audio cd that runs a media player when put into a cd-rom

Monkey34

Supreme [H]ardness
Basically, my band and I have made an audio cd that we want to distribute. I want to make the cd multi-format....IE: plays in your sterio cd player, and when its put into your computer, an audio player pops up to listen to the tracks. The multi-format disk creation is a no-brainer, but I need to figure out the player.
I already have a couple of choices on the audio-player software (freeware), and I know how to make an "autorun.inf", but if I relied on what I know..........the disk would autorun and INSTALL the player, not run it.

don't do it. Seriously. You will just annoy listeners. Let them decide whether they want to play it in winamp or windows media player, don't choose for them, or force them to shut down the player then open up their preferred player.

What happens if the user is unable to run certain executables? What happens if the user is running a different operating system? What if this and that. It's just a bad idea plain and simple.

Maybe you could do some sort of Flash-based player. But like Whatsisname said, if I put a CD in my computer and it automatically installs something without asking me, I'm going to do whatever I can to NOT support the band/business that tried that crap. (see: Sony's recent CD shenanegens)

Hmm. Good points both. Maybe I'll just put some band info. Bio's and such.

Back