I need help finding a 15" DVI-I display!

5150Joker

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys,

I need help finding a 15" monitor that accepts a DVI-I input. So far I haven't had any luck finding one and it's critical I find one since I'm moving overseas and want to bring one along with me. Something with reasonable response time would also be nice since I will be gaming on it.

Thanks.

yeah they don't really make 15 inchers anymore b/c people don't buy them...but here you are trying to buy one...tough.

Does it have to have a DVI-I connection?

Well one that at least accepts a signal from a DVI-I source. Most of the DVI ones I found on the net were DVI-D only. It has to be 15" because I need to fit this in a suit case and I don't want it being too heavy or large (unless you know of a very thin and light 17"). I already have a 20" Dell but that thing is too large.

DVI-I source is for digital and analog signal, DVI-D is for digital only.... So you can plug your DVI-D display on a DVI-I source...

Yeah, a monitor with a DVI-I port really doesn't make sense. Either your source (ie. video card, game console, etc) outputs digital (HDMI, DVI-D), or analog (VGA).

DVI-I source is for digital and analog signal, DVI-D is for digital only.... So you can plug your DVI-D display on a DVI-I source...

I know that but I've come across some 15" displays with DVI-D inputs and their description notes it won't work with DVI-I sources (despite being digital and analog). Maybe the information is outdated and only pertains to older video cards.

I know that but I've come across some 15" displays with DVI-D inputs and their description notes it won't work with DVI-I sources (despite being digital and analog). Maybe the information is outdated and only pertains to older video cards.
Ignore that old or incorrect info.

Your DVI-I equipped video card will work fine with DVI-D monitors, the tricky part you're trying to figure out is buying the right DVI cable ;) (single link, dual link, dvi-i, dvi-d etc etc etc)

There are not any 15 inch displays with DVI-I only DVI-D and analog.

Check out the NEC LCD1570NX if you want one with height adjustment and swivel.

Back