• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I need help buying a PSU, Please.

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 10, 2000
Messages
6,849
I have read the Stickies and quite a few other posts here but I am still confused. I am looking at the Rosewill 500w PSU at newegg http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-182-002&depa=0 The Specs for it are really good and the Price is perfect, Also I get $5 off the Lite-On DVD Burner I want, so it is actually going to cost me $40! The only bad thing I can find on it is that it is not ATX2.01 spec, which isn't a problem for me sense I only have a KT333 board and will be getting everything new when I do finally upgrade (soon hopefully) I also like how all the wires are sleeved, something I have not seen on ANY PSU at this price range.
 
Diablo2K said:
I have read the Stickies and quite a few other posts here but I am still confused. I am looking at the Rosewill 500w PSU at newegg http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-182-002&depa=0 The Specs for it are really good and the Price is perfect, Also I get $5 off the Lite-On DVD Burner I want, so it is actually going to cost me $40! The only bad thing I can find on it is that it is not ATX2.01 spec, which isn't a problem for me sense I only have a KT333 board and will be getting everything new when I do finally upgrade (soon hopefully) I also like how all the wires are sleeved, something I have not seen on ANY PSU at this price range.

I like to save money myself, no question. However, when you take the total cost of the system you are building and think for just a moment that at the flick of a switch you could lose that total investment because you wanted to save $5.00, your sense of reason should start to come into play.

I’m not saying that that PSU will do that, but for very little more you could buy a brand name that you can be pretty sure won’t do that. I tend not to make building computers a “Game of Chance”.

Browse these threads, at least one or two brand name PSU will show up over and over as “The One” (Sorry AntecRep for stealing your line ;) ).

Do try an Antec, fortran etc. In the long run it's more fun to play on your new toy then to find youself posting here about why it won't boot, or where did that smoke come from.

Just some thoughts from a guy who's been doing this a very long time :D
 
I perfer C++ over Fortran :p

I think you mean Fortron ;)
Little is known about the Rosewills, they appear to be a rebrander and the models they offer looks pretty unique from the outside, Ive yet to get a glimpse under the hood, and so have no real clue as to who might actually make it, and have even less information either definative testing or just emperical observations regarding them.

sorry

at least that one has sides
this one would be great for heating your case :p

.
rosewill.jpg
 
Ahem, yes, well…it was late… Hey, at least it was a vowel, wrong one but still. ;)
 
when its late, and sometimes even when it isnt I blow off correcting my typing mistakes
unless they alter the meaning of what Im saying

Im especially apt to forget an 'nt on say would, could , should ect :eek:

however your error was too good to pass up :p
 
Ice Czar said:
when its late, and sometimes even when it isnt I blow off correcting my typing mistakes
unless they alter the meaning of what Im saying

Im especially apt to forget an 'nt on say would, could , should ect :eek:

however your error was too good to pass up :p

Damn, lowered to being a “straight man” for the Ice Czar… :rolleyes:

Worse then back in 87 when I bought a PSU named "Ralph". Who knew? ;)
 
errr...your running a DEER?
you have a death wish or something?

this is the Soyo in the sig?
how many fans do you have, and what size\speed?
I'll run the numbers
 
Ice Czar said:
errr...your running a DEER?
you have a death wish or something?

this is the Soyo in the sig?
how many fans do you have, and what size\speed?
I'll run the numbers

Yes I have a Deer!, It came with the Chieftec Case I bought. No I dont have a deathwish, I have been meaning to replace it for a while and have just been spending my money elsewhere and now I HAVE to replace it.

Yes its the System in my sig, + the 9500 Pro is running the Arctic Cooling ATI Silincer, plus 4 80mm Case Fans which I think are Cooler Master LED fans, 2 Optical drives, 2 7200 RPM Harddrives not in RAID, TT Valcano 11(80mm Smart Fan 2). 1gig Ram, 1.8ghz Athlon XP 200 nothing overclocked.

Currently looking at the Fortron 350watt altho I would still prefer the Rosewill but noone knows if there anygood or not, so I chose another about the same price.
 
Back
Top