I need help being able to check my email

Cheetoz

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't know if this goes here, but ill go anyway. I forgot my password and answer for my secret question for my hotmail account. I emailed hotmail, but they just told me to create a new account. Thing is, I can use my msn accounted on trillian, since its saved. And it keeps on popping up with like 20 emails unread. When i click on it, it asks for me to login, which i cannot. Trillian i believe has my password encrypted, so i guess thats why i cant find it searching through the files. Any ideas on how to get my password?

The file your password is located under is C:\Program Files\Trillian\Users\<Profile Name>\msn.ini

Assuming thats where you installed Trillian to. The password is encrypted, though I believe the encryption is meager at best. I recall a conversation with a friend of mine saying that he brute forced his account password. He was using Cain to do it I believe, when he gets on next I'll ask him about it, though it might be a while.

Edit: This doesnt mean he brute forced the MSN server, but instead cracked the hash stored locally on his computer. Just thought I'd add that for clarity.

arg! i never thought of searching google for a decryptor. I now know my pass. ty for helping me.. in a way.. lol

Back