I need headphone advice for V-Moda Crossfire M-100's

Rageypoo

n00b
Hi guys!

I have a serious problem, I can't find an audio cable that is long and high quality that will fit my new headphones. These are the ones I purchased and they do fit my cheaper headphones, but not the V-moda. I feel these may not be the highest quality possible so if you have expertise I'd love some feedback. I basically want the highest quality cable available at 12 feet or longer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CTUUA5Y/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I purchased. The jack is designed to have a slightly shallow 3.5mm jack as opposed to what V-mode supplies. Keep in mind I love the audio cable V-moda supplies, it's suppose to be Kevlar and shielded, and the sound is incredible, but it's not long enough.

I hope someone can help! I'm looking for "DJ quality" at least, whatever that quality may be, and hopefully not just hype, but real quality.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
SO here is the deal. Cables of the length you are seeking don't "sound" any different from each other. One of the biggest rip offs in the audiophile industry is "cabling" so don't fall for that total bullshit. V-Moda's headphone cable is a cheap POS that is boosted by heavy marketing. I snapped my V-Moda Crossfade LP2 cable after about 2 months of use. The "Kevlar" woven into the cord is such a weak variation of "Kevlar" that I would be seriously hard pressed to call it full fledged "Kevlar" that is so often marketed and often fails to impress (since we all know it as the plates used in bullet proof vests and thus expect similar toughness).

So don't buy into marketing hype , here is a 25ft Monoprice 3.5mm to 3.5mm male cable : http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10218&cs_id=1021812&p_id=5581&seq=1&format=2

Its really only when you start to run longer (say over 40+ feet of cable) that you start to notice audio drop off issues.

Last edited:
sweet, thanks! Is there a version of this that's about 12 feet or so? I figure the kevlar thing is cheap marketing, my logitech g500 comes with that fake kevlar crap and it rips really easily. I just hope this cable will actually lock into place, I like the media cable I purchased that fits my other headphones, I just don't know why the v-moda wont accept that cable. "shrugs"

Back