• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I need good names for servers!

Suprnova04

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
439
I work at a company that is currently upgrading the servers and, well, everything that has to do with the network here. I've been trying to think of clever, or humerous even, names for the servers. I think there will be like 2-4 new servers, but probably 2 or 3. Examples of what I'm looking for are:

2 servers: Bill and Ted
3 servers: Larry, Moe, Curly

Get the picture? If you can think of good names, that would be awesome. Thanks.
 
Jay and Silent Bob...?

Jack and Jill...?

Dumb and Dumber...?

Peanut Butter and Jelly...?

lol, just tossing out crap...
 
just thought of another one...

Pinky and The Brain

Cosmo and Wanda

Spongebob and Patrick :)D)

Jekyl and Hyde or however u spell it
 
Kirk & Picard

Peanutbutter & Jelly

Gargamel & Azrael

Crash Override & The Gibson
 
I normally name mine after large cats....Tiger, Lion, Panther, jaguar, etc...
 
norky said:
Crash Override & The Gibson
Heh. CerealKiller! C'mon! ZeroCool is pretty cool, too.

Hackers is one of my favorite movies. Hackers 2 isn't bad, either.
 
Huey, Duey and Lewie (if you had three servers)

Neo and Trinity

Mickey and Minnie

Jay and Silent Bob (I know its been said but im putting in another vote)

[H]ardOCP and [H]ardForum

thats all I can think of.
 
Celestial objects seem to be a favorite, i.e. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto.

Animal names seem to be popular, i.e. Fluffy, Rex, etc...

Colors appear every now and then, i.e. Orange, Red, Blue, Purple, Mauve, Crimson, etc...

You could go with days of the week...or months

or you could call your file server "My Pants" and whenever anyone asks you where a file is, you can say "it's in my pants!"

Or you could be really boring and go with something like server001, server002, server003...etc...
 
Buckus said:
or you could call your file server "My Pants" and whenever anyone asks you where a file is, you can say "it's in my pants!"

I like that, haha. Keep 'em coming, the more choices the better! Thanks.
 
composers, authors
planets from the star wars universe are my favorite (dantooine, tatooine, coruscant, etc)

I name my personal machines at home based upon their personality.
my main rig is in a giant pc-71 case with green cathodes, so hes the hulk. I have an unkillable 600 duron thats been fried, shorted, rusted, water leaked and it still wont die so I call it "Durable"

I have a SFF P4 1.8 thats called mini-me, and had a heavily overclocked Barton I called flash.
 
i name mine after cities. at home right now i have memphis, detroit, miami, cheveland, and albuquerque
 
Steel Chicken said:
I have an unkillable 600 duron thats been fried, shorted, rusted, water leaked and it still wont die so I call it "Durable"

if you ever want to kill it... just send it to me. i seem to have incredible luck with computers. they always fall apart a lot faster around me for some reason.

:D maybe it's just cuz i'm a geek.
 
starhawk said:
if you ever want to kill it... just send it to me. i seem to have incredible luck with computers. they always fall apart a lot faster around me for some reason.

:D maybe it's just cuz i'm a geek.

maybe because youre not as careful with them as you should be!

:)
 
Mythology names, pick your culture.

Odin, Loki, Thor
Hercules, Phoenix :D, Zues
 
Steel Chicken said:
maybe because youre not as careful with them as you should be!

:)

:rolleyes: ya HAD ta jinx it, didn't you...

just spilled some water on the lappy an hour ago... it was only a tiny amount, but it wouldn't post for an hour afterwards and thusly had me worried as h***.
 
How about:

Server one: Foghorn
Server two: Leghorn.

Or my all time favorite Hotrod.

Novensu
 
Neo and Trinity.

Actually, we used to name our servers after cars: Thunderbird, GTO, Cuda, Viper. Then the company grew bigger and we had to rename them all to things that made sense: Location, server role, and server number: ChanChildDC (Chantilly VA, Child Domain Controller).
 
starhawk said:
:rolleyes: ya HAD ta jinx it, didn't you...

just spilled some water on the lappy an hour ago... it was only a tiny amount, but it wouldn't post for an hour afterwards and thusly had me worried as h***.

OH NOES!!!

Its working now though, right?
 
Fat Man and Little Boy

and for a master server EnolaGay

Like the bomb dropper and the bombs.
 
Steel Chicken said:
OH NOES!!!

Its working now though, right?

would i be posting otherwise?!

still... i wish they made a thermaltake x-ray mobile edition :p that way this would be a lot less likely to happen.
 
Back
Top