I need displayport...

theplaidfad

Lurker
Thank you in advance for your help.

My computer at work has a 4k monitor hooked into the desktop via HDMI, hence I'm only getting 4k resolution at 30hz. This is literally giving me a headache.

Can you please recommend the cheapest option available to me for a video card that I can add on so I can get myself to a proper 60hz via displayport before my eyes explode? Please keep in mind that I will not be getting a new PSU, so I'll need to see if we can get this to work without having to do anything other than add a video card. For the sakes of simplicity, I think this would be best if the options presented were powered by the PCIe slot rather than the PSU, if that's even an option with what I'm asking for.

Here's the detailed specs on the computer that the card will need to work with.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/472452/B361_Desktop_Computer

Or if you don't want to click a link, here are the pertinent highlights

Motherboard
ASRock H110M-HDV

Computer Case
SunPro 28BC

CPU Summary
Core i3 6100 (3.7GHz)

Total Memory
8GB (2x4)

Memory Speed
DDR4-2133

SSD Capacity
256GB

Optical Drive Specs
ASUS 24x DVD Burner - SUPERMULTI 8x DVD+R DL; 8x DVD-R DL; 24x8x16 DVD+RW; 24x6x16 DVD-R; 12x12 DVD-RAM; 48x32x48 CD-RW

Power Supply
400 Watt

Combined +12V Rating
360 Watts (30A)

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm going to have to look for a used card in that case. I need to keep it under $60.

Yeah. I'm going to have to look for a used card in that case. I need to keep it under $60.

Ok, keep an eye out for GTX 750 cards, or HD 7750 cards, both of which come with a single DP 1.2 output, and are bus-powered.

Owners should be replacing them with 1050 or RX 460 cards, so those should be plentiful.

If you open-up your options to higher-powered cards, you'll find TONS of options, but not sure your PSU can handle it.

Last edited:
I've seen GTX 750's on eBay for around $40, that should do what you need.

Back