• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i need an amp.

chasetb20

n00b
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
8
i picked up a pair of beyerdynamic dt770s not long ago, and i'd like to try and pick up an amp to improve the sound a bit. any reccomendations? cheap, very cheap, being the key word.
 
pa2v2...

search on ebay for them..it cost me likr $50 to get them and they are great driving my hd 595..
they should be good for u too..
 
Either get something good or be happy without an amp. Don't cheap out. If you cheap out, chances are you will only realize that you wasted money on something that might not even be considered better. ~_~

You could look into the eddie current lunchbox or Gilmore Lite.

Personally I would pass on the PA2v2.
 
towert7 said:
Either get something good or be happy without an amp. Don't cheap out. If you cheap out, chances are you will only realize that you wasted money on something that might not even be considered better. ~_~

This man speaks the truth!
 
Do you plan on using your onboard sound? If not, I can highly recommend the Meier Corda Aria. It's got a built in DAC, and the amp section is stellar as well. It's pure sweetness with my Beyer's.

Edit: It's not cheap though, but it's worth every penny...
 
ask Mr.X if he has a Pint for you. I have some Darth Beyer's which are modded 770s and I would be hard pressed to admit ANY amp under $200 comes close.

The PA2v2 is a crappy, bassy amp which is really bad for a 770. Stay away from them there's better options.
 
BitchBreaker said:
its closer to 1090w of power @ 1.5 ohms,sorry thought this was about car audio...
Ah, the joys of reading only the thread title.
 
towert7 said:
Ah, the joys of reading only the thread title.

Thread content is totally overrated. I much prefer to infer meaning on my own.

Wasn't the Pint taken out of production because it was failing a lot? I could've sworn. Unless it got fixed and put back out, or unless you find one of the rare ones, you might consider it's predecessor the Mint as well. I seem to recall Mr. X saying they sounded pretty much the same... the Pint was just smaller and had a built-in recharge circuit.

I'm happy with my Mr. X Mint, but I can't comment on how it drives Beyers. I use it with SR-60s.
 
Back
Top