I need an 8-pin extension cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trackr

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 10, 2011
Messages
1,786
Okay, so I need TWO 8-pin extension cables.

One for my GTX 280 and one for my CPU.

The problem is, I've been looking around and no place that sells them tells me whether its a "GPU 8-pin" or a "CPU 8-pin".

And they're incompatible. So, what do I do?
 
Why would you need an 8 pin GPU extension cable? Do you man just the extension, or a 6 to 8 pin adapter? Are you using a VERY tall case, with the PSU mounted at the top? You shouldn't need such an extension with the PSU mounted at the bottom.

For CPU extension cables, you can just get one from newegg. Try this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200124

I had to use this exact one with my 750W silencer, and it worked fine. I don't need it with my Seasonic ss-1000 because Seasonic made the cables plenty long.

As far as 8 pin PCI express extension cables (GPU): would this work?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123343
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top