I need a new mouse with a satisfying click

BDS23

Limp Gawd
I don't need anything fancy. No need for glowing lights, macro keys, 5+ buttons and what not. What really irks me about mice these days Is that they have such a shallow depth to their clicks, so shallow its unsatisfying.

So can anyone point me out to any mouse out there that has a good depth to its clicks? I remember one time I used this generic looking, peach-coloured mouse. When I used it, the depth of the clicks made working and gaming feel VERY satisfying. Far more satisfying than say, a hand-grip customized chassis. Turns out it was an old Logitech mouse.

I'm not specifically asking for a Logitech mouse, just one that has a good depth to its clicks (like them Topre caps).

On a side note, it also irks me that mice reviews always forgot to mention how the clicking feels like. :/

My TTesports Black has quality surface and good clicling feel to it... But it has that philips twin-eye laser sensor which is seen as a bad and problematic sensor by most ppl. But i don't notice it. I heard these problems are seen on cloth mouse pad surfaces. I use the wooden surface of my desk and it tracks perfect feautures up to 4k dpi. I use at 1600dpi though. One downside is that it has only 1 button on the left.Other than these, it has a quality clicking feel.

Another vote for the RAT mice. I have a 7 but any model should do. It's buttons aren't mushy at all.

Zowie EC series (1 or 2) were amazing for me. I've always compared it closely with the deathadder, but besides some other small details which make it stand apart from the Deathadder, the clicks and the scroll wheel are one of the most noticeable changes right off the bat. The side buttons are the only ones (even though I never use them) that have a 'real' sort of feel. The scroll wheel isn't cheaper either with well defined notches, and yet fluid movement. It is however a tiny bit loud.

I can't comment on the RAT or the Thermaltake, yet I think there's a good chance it will have a better click considering all the different gaming mice I have used, TT Esports might be it's closest competition though.

Really? Depth of click sound a mouse makes?

I generally go for a mix of comfort and performance which is I bought the Logitech Performance MX mouse. However, I have to say that my Logitech G500 gaming mouse makes more satisfying clicks than the Performance MX. Comfortable to use, but not as comfortable as my Performance MX.

You could always try modding the mouse (desoldering the current switches and soldering in more clicky ones from an old mouse). Most of the cheap mice I've seen use similar-shaped switches, though I can't speak for higher end stuff. Also Microsoft (and possibly other manufacturers) use non-standard switches.

Comparisons to Topre caps (which many consider the very best keyboard caps, thus their outlandish prices for a simple keyboard) is going to be difficult, but I suggest trying the SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition, which is one of the few mice that specifically features upgraded button switches. I have the original Sensei and it clicks very well compared to many other mice and overall seems to be one of the best "normal amount of buttons" mice out there, so the MLG edition upgrades should even feel better. You may also wish to try the Corsair M90 (or M60, but I have the M90 and haven't tried the 60 though I expect them to be similar in this regard) as it is well built and clicks well.

Back