I need a new game to get into.

Westwood

[H]F Junkie
14 years of World of Warcraft. I play a priest. Guild leader's girlfriend plays a priest. I keep getting the bump when she logs on 45m late unprepared. I've been burnt out on it for a few weeks now anyways. I think I need a switch.

Spent about 2h last night looking over Steam to see if anything appeals to me, it doesn't.

Been playing Grim Dawn a bit. Its fun, I guess.

Maxed out my rank in Doom '16 multiplayer. Its fun, but every night there is always at least one guy that obliterates the whole team making it look suspicious.

New league in POE is in about a week. Maybe I'll start that.

BFV seems popular, but i'm pretty terrible at MP-FPS games. WW2 weapons don't appeal to me, and I have a deep hate for EA. Also not sure how well my 3470 would hold up.

World War 3 looks promising. I'm leery of early access games and it looks like it has a few issues.

Played FFXIV for a little bit. Kind of slow paced. I hate story lines. I skip right through them.

Overwatch looks like TF2 with tits.

Iunno. Maybe I'm just getting burnt out altogether. Just looking for something that I can jump in and go. No waiting around, spending a bunch of time travelling places, getting groups together, and queue times. Just log in and go.

No idea where to look.

Your genres are kind of all over the map, so its hard for me to make a suggestion. I'll need to narrow it by genre at least a little bit. You don't mention any single player titles, is that by design? If you'rre getting burnt out, it may not hurt to spend some time playing a single player title for awhile - anything from something like Assassin's Creed Origins, Odyssey etc... Dark Souls 3, to indies of which I could suggest a TON.

Shooters - Have you played Destiny 2 Forsaken? I hear that it has improved since the expansion and may get both your FPS/shooter and MMO/progression fix. Alternately, I hear good things occasionally about Warframe which is something of a co-op/MMO shooter/slasher that's free to play. Otherwise, if you don't want to play the others you listed or competitive major shooters (Overwatch, if you enjoy TF2 I say give Overwatch a try. Unlike TF2 there are not a bunch of chests or equip to collect... all the loot is cosmetic exclusively as opposed to functional)., how about something cooperative or PVE? For instance did you ever play Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands The Pre Sequel? You can play them solo, play them in group etc.. and get some shoot-and-loot action going withotu much fuss. Alternately, check out Killing Floor 2 - its a team based hectic zombie shooter, fully co-op so you don't have to worry abotu someone shitting things up online etc. Deep Rock Galactic is another co-op shooter where 4 of you control space mining dwarves for FPS fun, and Warhammer Vermintide 2 is another in the genre.

Survival/Adventure - There are many solid titles in this genre from the famous ARK Survival Evolved to The Forest, Conan Unchained, GRAV, Planet Explorers etc... which are all multiplayer, to single player focused titles like The Long Dark, there's a lot to unpack here. Do you want more combat, more survival, more building, calm creation etc... but in any case there are some neat options.

Diablo-style crawlers - You already mentioned Grim Dawn and POE which are both good options. Diablo 3 is of course certainly worth it if you haven't played and there is also Torchlight 2 which still holds up for great fun for the isometric dungeon crawling.

MMOs - from your last sentence, I am suspect that you may need some time away from MMOs. However, if we already went over WoW, I would encourage you to give FFXIV another try later on as it has some great mechanics - but if you don't care about story or MMO-stuff it will be less enjoyable for you as FFXIV is particularly good in maintaining the MMO feel while also makin your character central to the storyline; you can skip things of course, but its also the kind of game you can level up Job after Job on a single character as you like without waiting around and using the Duty Finder when you wish. I would also suggest checking out Guild Wars 2 - it is one of the most accessible "Just get in and play, solo most of the time, public quests everywhere etc" MMOs around last I played. It has some nice story and other elements too, but they arent' required most of the time an there is a LOT to do. There are a lot of MMOs out there, but beware because most of them have absolutely abhorrent monetization and are designedwith this in mind. Still there are some gems.

IN DEVELOPMENT UNIQUE MMOs - If you're open to games that are EARLY IN DEVELOPMENT, TRUE ALPHAS, but want to see them do something a little different... I can suggest a few to look into. Star Citizen is the biggest name here of course and there is a Free Fly week going on right now (PM for more info) if you've not pledged for SC before. Shroud of the Avatar is the legacy of the old Ultima / Ultima Online games and is pretty awesome though it has more story stuff than you may wish at the moment. Still, its certainly worth playing if you feel you're open to a bit more of that sort of thing. It can be played either offline as a single player adventure and online MMO style, with a few differences between the two! Crowfall is an in development PVP-centric MMO that is inspired by old school Shadowbane/UO + "Game of Thrones" style territory claimants. There are others as well (Chronicles of Elyria, Pantheon etc) but those above have some playable alpha right now anmd these games are totally different than most other MMOs on the market in one way or another. If any of this piques your interest, let me know an I can go into more depth.

There are a ton of other games I can recommend depending on your exact desires and genres. Good luck!

Last edited:
RanceJustice

Yea, I'll play them all. RTS, strategy, FPS, to simulators. Racing games not really, only because I don't have a steering wheel. Keyboard and mouse makes it a bit more difficult since there is no feathering the throttle; just full on and full off. But I love progression. Unlocking skills, weapons, talents, and whatnot.

Single player, or multiplayer. Whatever. I tend to solo a bit of stuff, then jump in with folks. Sort of like POE. 90% of the game I'm solo, but I'll trade with some folks.

Assassin's Creed. Played it. Seemed a bit repetitive. This was like six years ago. So not sure what has changed.

I have about 3h in Destiny 2 I think. That's they one you need to do the campaign first, right? Didn't quite stick.

Warframe was terrible. Didn't care for that at all.

Survival/Adventure games I should take a look at. I loved FO3 but the deeper I got into it, the more bugs I had. Game kept crashing on me. Because of that I never pursued FO4. I'll check other out.

Played D3 for months and months. POE took its place. Did a couple leagues there. Haven't done a fresh league in a bit. Game seemed to get quite involved with the crafting and builds. The trade system blows too. Grim Dawn has been fun. Liking that.

I have a trial account in FFXIV. Got a paladin, some form of caster, and a melee. Dungeons are fun, sure. I hate the questing. Run here. Run there. Deliver these pretzels. I could care less about story lines.

Haven't played GW2 in years. I was good up into fractals. Loved the dungeons. But, what I hated was how people spent more time trying to skip mobs than clear them. I too think I may need to take a break from MMOs altogether.

I will check out some survival games. PUBg, maybe. I checked out some videos and it seems a bit slow-going until you find someone. I did Fortnite for a week and hated that.

Thanks for the reply.

To add, I have been checking out Farcry 5. Not 100% my system (3470 and 1060 gb) would handle it. Did look good though.

Last edited:
If you like dark sci-fi, XCOM 2 is a beautiful mess. It's a really hard strategy game though.

terraria, pretty light and took me by surprise after getting over the initially undesirable graphics/controls...

Subnautica.

It sorta like No Mans Sky but underwater. Vibrant colors and lots of crafting resources into usable supplies and tools etc.

How about Dying Light - It's a few years old, but I just picked it up on sale. Pretty fun so far. I'm only doing single player. But it seems to offer a lot of multi-player options as well.

Far Cry 5 has caught my attention. $90 for the edition with the DLC though. Razer Game Store has it for $45. I get mixed reviews on that site though...

I shot an 8 pointer last weekend. I trailed it for 3.5 miles before I lost the blood trail. This is after spending ~40h in the past few weeks in a tree stand in single digit temps.

14 years of World of Warcraft. I play a priest. Guild leader's girlfriend plays a priest. I keep getting the bump when she logs on 45m late unprepared. I've been burnt out on it for a few weeks now anyways. I think I need a switch.

Spent about 2h last night looking over Steam to see if anything appeals to me, it doesn't.

Maxed out my rank in Doom '16 multiplayer. Its fun, but every night there is always at least one guy that obliterates the whole team making it look suspicious.

BFV seems popular, but i'm pretty terrible at MP-FPS games. WW2 weapons don't appeal to me, and I have a deep hate for EA. Also not sure how well my 3470 would hold up.

World War 3 looks promising. I'm leery of early access games and it looks like it has a few issues.

Played FFXIV for a little bit. Kind of slow paced. I hate story lines. I skip right through them.

Iunno. Maybe I'm just getting burnt out altogether. Just looking for something that I can jump in and go. No waiting around, spending a bunch of time travelling places, getting groups together, and queue times. Just log in and go.

No idea where to look.

No idea where to look.

Fallout 76 ?

:)

Just picked up Far Cry 5 Gold Edition from Razer. See how this works out. We'll see how the old i5 3470 and 1060 6gb like it.

Witcher 3
Diablo 3
Civilization 6

Try a racing game. Pick up a cheap xbox 360 controller. Dirt 4 is $10 for a couple more days on humblebundle

OP, the Witcher series is waiting for you.
Yep, I can see myself picking that up.

Witcher 3
Diablo 3
Civilization 6

Try a racing game. Pick up a cheap xbox 360 controller. Dirt 4 is $10 for a couple more days on humblebundle
Huh. Never considered the x-box controller route. That's not a bad idea at all.

Spent last night with Far Cry 5. Great game. Settings are on high and my 3470 is tach'd out. A few FPS drops here and there, but nothing too bad. Having a blast with it.

Assassins creed oddessy? You can get lost in that for hundred plus hours.

If you like far cry 5 you love this. Seriously a much better game. If you havent.played fc3 or 4 i would suggest those also. They are also better than 5.

5 isnt bad, but i hated the forced hand holding through the story. These other games dont do that. Do what you want and progress story when you want.

Tom Clancy's The Division.

It's 3rd person cover shooter. It's a game you can jump right into and just play. Although it's more fun playing co-op with a squad up to four you can solo the entire campaign.

There's PvP if you're into that. The Dark Zone is truly a unique experience with it being a PvPvE environment.

I'd give Destiny 2 a try. It was free recently, I don't know if it still is. The expansions cost money but you can get a feel for the game before you spend the cash on it if you can still get it.

Monster Hunter World? Some love it, others not so much. It is a beautiful, well developed game. Has a steep learning curve. It's Japanese developed with a ton of attention to detail. But it ain't easy. It is a hard game to get really good at. But if you like the combat it is fun to learn.

A pick up and go multiplayer: Dead by Daylight
It's 1 vs 4 and gets intense at times.

Here's my current rotation:

Assassins Creed: Odyssey, Call of Duty: BO4, Destiny 2: Forsaken, Fortnite, Grim Dawn, Hearthstone, Monster Hunter World, Overwatch, and Path of Exile.

If you can't pick something from the list above, it might be time to take a break from gaming....

Here's my current rotation:

Assassins Creed: Odyssey, Call of Duty: BO4, Destiny 2: Forsaken, Fortnite, Grim Dawn, Hearthstone, Monster Hunter World, Overwatch, and Path of Exile.

If you can't pick something from the list above, it might be time to take a break from gaming....
I'll give Destiny 2 a bit longer. I'm cranking away at Far Cry 5. Having a blast. 9h5m in now and I'm 23% the way through.

Monster World may be my next hitch. Looks pretty neat. I will have to bump up my CPU though. My 3470 is maxed out. I feel like a 2700x will be here before long.

I will have to bump up my CPU though. My 3470 is maxed out. I feel like a 2700x will be here before long.

Your rig should be able to handle it with the 3470/1060 combo at 60 fps with some minor dips.

On my sig rig (which is from the original i7 era), I avg 60 with everything set to high.... (except volumetric "whatever", which is off)

Looks solid to me broheim ;)

Last edited:
Hunt:Showdown is what sucked me back into gaming again after years of being content playing 5 to 20 minutes of TF2 a month ... It's "early access" but it's great fun and only getting better... I suck at PvP games but I still enjoy this game. PvP, PvE, Leveling up your bloodline ..recruiting hunters that don't respawn but are dead when they get killed .. set in the 1800's. Anyhoo .. watch some videos on it and check it out

Only thing is that your video card might be a little on the lite side for this game

Witcher 3
Hunt Showdown if you have a friend you can play coop with.
Shadow of Mordor
Defense Grid or Kingdom Rush

Destiny 2 walks the line between shooter and pseudo-MMO very well.

Back