I need a headset. I'm wondering if I go USB then what is the soundcard used for? Will it only process sound for the outputs on the card itself or can it process the sound and still send it out the USB port?
The soundcard I have is the Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Music. I need to use it with Teamspeak and Skype primarily. My current headset I just use with my onboard audio and use the soundcard with the desktop speakers. But the onboard audio seems to be dead. Either that or the mic on the headset is no longer working.
Edit - Yeah, the mic is dead. So do you think a standard desktop mic would do the job? I would listening to game audio through my speakers and am worried that when I talk on the mic it would pick up the game audio along with my voice.
I prefer to keep the audio from my speakers seperate from voice audio. Cans don't always cut it as it blocks out the rest of the world. Headset I was using at a ear piece and mic on one side leaving my other ear able to hear what was going on in the room.
The soundcard I have is the Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Music. I need to use it with Teamspeak and Skype primarily. My current headset I just use with my onboard audio and use the soundcard with the desktop speakers. But the onboard audio seems to be dead. Either that or the mic on the headset is no longer working.
Edit - Yeah, the mic is dead. So do you think a standard desktop mic would do the job? I would listening to game audio through my speakers and am worried that when I talk on the mic it would pick up the game audio along with my voice.
I prefer to keep the audio from my speakers seperate from voice audio. Cans don't always cut it as it blocks out the rest of the world. Headset I was using at a ear piece and mic on one side leaving my other ear able to hear what was going on in the room.