• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i miss the north

esr2

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
1,953
Well, leaves are changing so i cashed in some freq flier miles and headed up north to washington for a weekend away from school. I love it there. Here are a few pics.

DSC_0100_jpg.jpg


DSC_0083_jpg.jpg


DSC_0106_jpg.jpg


and i'm kinda partial to this one (also from the weekend)

DSC_0148_jpg.jpg


-esr
 
I like them all, but the droplet one stands out; very crisp and without the tinge of oversaturation i see in #1 and #3. (In particular, the bright reds are quite blown. In the first one, even the branch appears to have a purplish tint, but that could be light coming off the leaves, of course.)

The last one I like just because I appreciate minimalism when it's done tastefully, which that one very much qualifies as :). It reminded me of this photo I took; one of my very first with my E-10 years ago. I totally blew it with the flash, but the result still had some aesthetic merit.

P5100377_white_moth_sm.jpg


Anyway, very beautiful overall. I saw some great fall colors out on the lake yesterday, but the boat ride was too harsh for me to do much.
 
thanks for the possitive response, i do rather like the leaf on the ground as well, and really the simple beauty of white. the blown reds are intentional to emphasise the lack of red in maple leaves down here, but i may revisit that idea.

im slowly learning that light is the key to any photo (duh).

-esr
 
in that first shot I might recommend turning off the flash and using natural light.
 
mdude85 said:
in that first shot I might recommend turning off the flash and using natural light.

I totally agree with that. It looks to un natural. Was it windy? If not, you could've increased the exposure time.
Overall, nice job.
 
Back
Top