I made the front page!

Fenris_Ulf

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wanted to let the rest of the [H]orde know that one of the boxen in the Fenris Farm made the front page:

Project NeXT Cube

Folding 24/7 on overclocked XP mobiles, one at 2 GHz and one at 2.2 GHz (will get bumped up when temperatures drop below the mid 80's)

that is a kick ass looking mod!! i wish i had half of the talent you did.

and deff glad it's a dual folder ;) hehe

Ehhh, it's a learning process. I started modding in 1993 with some cooling improvements on my 486-DX50. Nothing radical, just drilled some holes in the faceplate for added airflow, added a 80mm fan, a heatsink for the CPU and a fan mounted on standoffs to blow over the heatsink (no clearance b/n heatsink and video card for a fan). I still have that case with a P-233 in it. I started doing "pretty" mods in about 2000. My first pimped out case had all the modern requisites - lights, UV, watercooling, side window, painted case and interior, painted CD drives, custom 11 channel temperature gauge to monitor water and air temperatures. This was before you could even buy any modding stuff - it was all done by hand with lots of trips to Home Depot and Lowes. It got re-built in 2003 with a 7" LCD and new watercooling gear and components and now is my HTPC. I've also done the briefcase mod thing, and built comps for friends. The secret - get an idea, study up on it, and just do it. Skill comes from practice (I still don't have anything like Defyant's skill with plexi), and a good selection of tools doesn't hurt either. Mine's OK, but more focued on woodworking.

Back