• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I Love you Sony.........

Alias

2[H]4U
Joined
May 24, 2001
Messages
3,417
So I picked up a floor model F-828 today for $600. The guy said it had everything, but was missing the Hood, Lens Cap, and Sholder Strap. Call Sony, they are sending them to me for free. This sounds weird, but he said it was covered under waranty. Go Sony customer service :p

Now I just gotta sit back and wait to be flamed for buying another Sony F series camera. So far I have had an F-707, F-717, and F-828. Loved all of them :p
 
Regime|Life said:
Now sell this and buy yourself a DSLR.

AHA! I knew it! LOL.

If I wanted a camera that I had to buy diferent lenses for I would have one. I would love to have a DSLR, but I see no need for one, for me, right now.
 
WOW, you're the first person I know that's actually gotten Sony's customer service to do anything for them. ;)
 
jimnms said:
WOW, you're the first person I know that's actually gotten Sony's customer service to do anything for them. ;)
Really? I havn't heard anything about Sony's service either way. I know that when I RMAed a PS2 it was a breeze, and so was this.
 
jimnms said:
WOW, you're the first person I know that's actually gotten Sony's customer service to do anything for them. ;)


I know I've gotten the shaft from them before. Bought a floor model laptop that was formatted. Had to call up sony to see about the laptop software (screen control, speaker sounds, etc...).
They said the only way I was getting the goods was if I bought the OS installation CD from them (Sony installs their copy was on the hard drive under a seperate partition).
$19.95 plus shipping.

Pricks.
 
Sony has the absolute worst warranty. Hope you get your lense hood.
 
Regime|Life said:
I had to think about that for a second but now I got it haha. :D

Hehe. Nikon is in bed with Sony. D100 uses a Sony CCD. I think the new D2X will too. I believe your D70 uses a hybrid Nikon/Sony sensor designed by Sanyo.
 
KevC said:
Hehe. Nikon is in bed with Sony. D100 uses a Sony CCD. I think the new D2X will too. I believe your D70 uses a hybrid Nikon/Sony sensor designed by Sanyo.

Straight from bythom:
The buzz is that this is a Sanyo-produced sensor that uses Nikon-specified updates to the Sony chip used in the D100. In most aspects, the sensor is identical to the D100's, but it uses electronic shutter speeds above 1/250.

Yeap hehe...
 
I have a Sony Clié - NX80V; really expensive PDA. Was nice until Sony decided to stop selling them in the states, and mine promptly broke. Of all of the parts, why must the sliding-power switch be made of a really cheap plastic that has proven to break off often? :(

Nice PDA, except too many features were locked out by Sony -- way too many. Nearly everything it can do appart from what is installed by default (and even some stuff that is default on them) was worked out through a lot of reverse engineering by end users. Sound API, CF-storage/GPS/Modem use, Flash ROM writing, some Video things, etc., all had to be RE'ed to be 'usable' for a $600 PDA. It's like these people actually wrote any/all code for it because the product was powerful, but incomplete... Enough for that rant though...


Glad you can get Sony to get you something :)
 
er... never been a big sony fan.

A lot of people happy with them those... but why settle for middle ground... canon dslr all the way.
 
KevC said:
Hehe. Nikon is in bed with Sony. D100 uses a Sony CCD. I think the new D2X will too. I believe your D70 uses a hybrid Nikon/Sony sensor designed by Sanyo.
yep, the D2X doesw have a Sony CCD in it.
 
I'd flame ya, but.....I had the F717, so I cannot. :p Thankfully, you got a great deal, AND you got a cam that no longer has proprietary memory(which has always been $$$ vs. CF cards)

Good buy, man
 
royjr said:
I'd flame ya, but.....I had the F717, so I cannot. :p Thankfully, you got a great deal, AND you got a cam that no longer has proprietary memory(which has always been $$$ vs. CF cards)

Good buy, man

Yea I remember on the other forum. You sold yours and got the DSLR right about when I got my 717. Having both slots rock.
 
agentzero9 said:
Of those 3 the F-717 has the best image quality. You have made a downgrade.

lol, u owe all 3 cameras too? or u just an expert on these?

i had a F-717 for about a week and absolutely hated it! but the 828 is awesome!

I bought the F-828 about 4 months ago, best camera i have even used, i cant believe how clear the images are. i paid about $850 for this camera from newegg, i currently have 2 512M CF cards and a 256M mem stick, its awesome being able to switch like that. only downfalls i have found with this camera is its a little heavy, but MUCH better than carrying a fucking DSLR that everyone thinks that everyone else needs just because they have one. its nice being able to startup the camera so quickly take off the lens cap and shoot in like a total of 3 seconds. try doing that with a fuckin DSLR! anyways, good buy man, u got a good deal, and im glad sony helped you, i currently own about 15 products from sony, all total about $10,000, and never once had to use customer service, well my dvd player finally went out, but i've had it for 6 years, so it paid its dues, hehe.
 
I enjoyed all of mine. I think I know what the problem is. People read to much, hear to much, and then spread around the crap that they learned. I want to know how many peopel bashing Sony have ever owned one. I purchase Sony products every chance I get. They always work great, and look great. If I wanted to haul around lenses, and stare for hours at that fugly Nikon, or Canon, I would have a DSLR. Not to mention it can now use CF AND the Memory Sticks. Its really great to be able to press a button and get that shot that you otherwise wouldn't have the space for. Or to able to take more photos while your slow Microdrive transfers to your laptop.

The F828 is a big step ahead of the F-717, and leaps and bounds ahead of the 707. Having owned all three I would know. Each instance fixes the problems laid out in previous models, and fixes them well. The ONLY problem I have had with my 828 is the Chromatic Aberation. Its not nearly as bad as people make it sound. Which is only noticiable in telephoto, and can be quickly removed with post proccesing, something that most people do to their photos anyways. I don't see any less quality than my 717 had either.

For those bitching about Sonys customer service: I recieved my parts last week, a few days after I called and ordered them. They sent them with no questions asked, period. I have never had a transaction go this smooth.

So this Spring when AMA, and MotoGP start again you'll see my pictures in the gallery, right next to your DSLR photos, taken with $2500 worth of equipment, with the same quality as mine. :D
 
HardD99 said:
only downfalls i have found with this camera is its a little heavy, but MUCH better than carrying a fucking DSLR that everyone thinks that everyone else needs just because they have one. its nice being able to startup the camera so quickly take off the lens cap and shoot in like a total of 3 seconds. try doing that with a fuckin DSLR!

I haven't seen anybody telling everybody they need a DSLR. Perhaps your just jealous. :rolleyes:

I carry my DSLR with me all the time. I leave the switch on and the lens cap off. With no LCD on all the time there's hardly any power drain. I just pull out the camera and hit the shutter buton and I took a picture in less than 3 seconds.
 
jimnms said:
I haven't seen anybody telling everybody they need a DSLR. Perhaps your just jealous. :rolleyes:

I carry my DSLR with me all the time. I leave the switch on and the lens cap off. With no LCD on all the time there's hardly any power drain. I just pull out the camera and hit the shutter buton and I took a picture in less than 3 seconds.


I can do that also, starting with the camera off even. Your a brave guy carrying that around without the cap on it. I'm a cap Nazi :p
 
HardD99 said:
l its nice being able to startup the camera so quickly take off the lens cap and shoot in like a total of 3 seconds. try doing that with a fuckin DSLR!

The Nikon D70, as well as many other DSLRs, turn on instantly and are ready to shoot.

The ONLY problem I have had with my 828 is the Chromatic Aberation. Its not nearly as bad as people make it sound. Which is only noticiable in telephoto,

Don't you mean wide angle?
 
agentzero9 said:
The Nikon D70, as well as many other DSLRs, turn on instantly and are ready to shoot.

Yup, I love that about my D70. If you want you can literally take a picture in less than a second...
 
jimnms said:
I haven't seen anybody telling everybody they need a DSLR. Perhaps your just jealous. :rolleyes:

I carry my DSLR with me all the time. I leave the switch on and the lens cap off. With no LCD on all the time there's hardly any power drain. I just pull out the camera and hit the shutter buton and I took a picture in less than 3 seconds.

hmmm.... do u read the threads around here? i dont come in here much anymore cause all i hear is someone happy with there new camera then someone posts they need to get rid of it and get a dslr (as in the 1st reply in this thread)

i guess i wasnt quite clear enough about starting up the camera and taking the shot. the point i was trying to make was that those of us that dont a dslr dont have to look for the right lens put it on and then try and take the picture. an example is when i was just in san francisco riding a trolly, hanging on the outside of the trolly taking close ups of the buildings one handed, then come over a hill and see for a mile or so strait down to the water then zoom in and snap the shot before we turn the corner.

im not trying to insult all of you with dslr's, nor saying these cameras are bad, just not the right thing for some people, i just really get irritated when i get into a thread and instatly someone has to reply that they need to get rid of there new camera and get a dslr, this same thing happened to me when i bought my F-828. just dont know y people cant be happy for other people. some dont have a dslr cause they cant afford it, but there are those of us that have plenty of money but just dont want/need one, just wish everyone would realize that, thats all...
 
I give up. If a DSLR fit my needs I would have one. The next camera I am buying will be one o fthe tiny new Canons. Seen them yet? Awesome little camera, I think it will be next to my P99, and cellphone for my "EveryDay Carry".
 
I love my Sony F717, but I have been eyeing that Canon EOS 20D :)
 
I don't have much against sony untill my P51 died recently. Very odd, setting in the camera bag with my 300D it just refused to work one day. All I get is a black screen :(

Now, a good friend of mine has the F-828. It is indeed heaver than my 300D with kit lens. Sorry, I'd still take the 300D over the F-828. Its a great camera for those that want an advanced Point and Shoot, but for the price I would recommend something else.
 
Back
Top