I lost my main user account for xp?

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok heres the story with the one. I made all my files private with the xp account, so I made some other accounts for other people like guest and one for my sister... well now since i log on hers my account is gone.. its not on the screen to log into!!!
What do i do? I mean it couldnt have been deleted could it ? Cause all my stuff is there on the harddrive, cause it still says 18 gigs left on hardspace... i had steam, wow, swg,music etc.. all on there... and now i cant get to it cause i cant go to the log off or switch to my main account!! what do i do???? without reformmating

A preliminary thought would be to start into safe mode (tap F8 key on startup) and you should see an "Adminstrator" account. First, You can log into that account and goto your User Admin in control pannels and see if your log in info is still there. Now I could very well be wrong here, but I think as admin (unless you encryped your personal files) you should be able to browse the hard drive to your user acct and see if your files are there.

My other initial thought for data recovery would be to pop in a Knoppix cd and see what you can find on the hard drive through linux.

I'm not data recovery guru, but those would be things i might try in your situation. Hope it helps, gl.

Back