I lost my horse in Oblivion :(

LordBritish

2[H]4U
I lost my horse and I can't find it :(

I lost it coz I killed somebody in a city and had to flee guards. I exited the city and fled on foot. I now can't find my steed.

:( :( :(

Is it the horse you get from the Dark Brotherhood ? If so, you can go back to the place you originally got it, and it should most likely be there.

Or try fast travelling to a stable in another city, and see if it shows up at the stable there, sometimes it will appear at the location you fast travel to even if you are on foot.

If it does not, other options are to buy another horse, or to install the call steed mod which will summon your horse to you.

Yes, it was the dark brotherhood horse.

I forgot where I picked it up. It was at some fort somewhere - can't remember where though.

LordBritish said:
Yes, it was the dark brotherhood horse.

I forgot where I picked it up. It was at some fort somewhere - can't remember where though.

Fort Moonmoth, just north-east of chedinghall, thats where I think its at.

sculelos said:
Fort Moonmoth, just north-east of chedinghall, thats where I think its at.
Fort Farragut ;) Not NE of Cheydinhal...don't remember exactly where. Just look for it :)

TheOmniscientCreator said:
Fort Farragut ;) Not NE of Cheydinhal...don't remember exactly where. Just look for it :)

Opsie It is by cheydinhal though. (Fort Moonmoths by Balmora)

Fort Farragut is east of Cheydinhal. Can't miss it. It has a road and everything.

LordVampyre said:
shoot, I had to kill my horse darn thing attacked me..
That is why you hagve to be careful where you swing that pointy stick of yours :p

heh i always kill my horse when it gets me to where im going. then i fast travel back when im done and buy a new horse.

duuuuuumb said:
i could have sworn it was just outside of vivec. :rolleyes:

Hey don't be mean, my memorys foggy after playing so much Morrowind and Oblivoin then some Morrowind and Oblivion on the same days then I just get names mixed up now and then. :eek:

I have the Call Steed+ Sadlebags Mod.
If I want a horse. I cast the spell and the Horse comes to me!

I just steal a horse. It's easy enough. Guards have horses and stables.

They are not that fast though. I lost shadowmere as well and he is NOT at Fort Farragut even weeks after I lost him :(. Looks like he is gone forever unless I can find exactly where I left him. That is if I choose not to cheat of course.

some times youhave to wait a week for shadowmere to show up.. cause hes walking slow as hell from where ever you left him back to the fort.

If shadowmere does not show up at fort farragut, simply use this command in the console (if you're PC)

player.placeatme 00032BF4

Get the mod that adds the Call Horse Ring... Its a great little ring that calls your horse to you... no matter where you are and it will then follow you untill you remove the ring.

i think shadowmere is bugged, he has the behavior of a stolen horse. The friar's paint horse (which i've been using until now) always stays put for me. Although now that i see how much faster shadowmere is, i may have to get that ring mod.

I was just messing with it and I think the ring only works with purchased horses. I also found out that if you get the Horse Armor from Bethesda it breaks the ring since its technically no longer "your horse" but rather "Armored Horse".

Hopefully someone will fix the ring for it to work with all horses in your pocession, not just purchased.

I lost some horses too. By the way, if you look at their undersides, they all seem to be mares. Anyway, I came on-line just now hoping to find a mod that allows my character to own a big corral, barn, and stables set-up, where the horses can be stored to prevent them from becoming lost. Because I want to collect all of the available horses and have one place to store them at. From Prior Mable's Paint Horse to Shadowmere, the Unicorn, and the wild horses.

I caught Sickly Bernese with my horse, I had to put her down. No sickly women shall lay with my horse or that women be punished by death. -King Sheogorath

Back