i know this is a repost but: LEADTEK 6800GT OWNERS PLZ HELP!!!!

i need info fast, as i have to deside wether to get the leadtek 6800 gt or wait for the evga 6800 gt tonight(by 1-2 am).

1. how does it overclock? does the cooling help?

2. how loud is the cooler? louder than the stock or other cards?

3. is it worth the extra 30 dollers and lack of free far cry(mostly for benching and seeing how good i can get this to look, especialy w/ ps3)?( im not intersted in any of the bundled games, though for someone else it would be a good bundle)

hesitation = lose

dont have any concrete info on the leadtek 6800gt since it is rare and this is the first time ive seen it for sale. its now up to 455 btw, must be close to sellout

god danmit!!!! :mad: :mad:. ill wait another hr. than and thaen ill make the disision

GOD DANMIT SOMEONE PLZ POST!!!!!!

*EDIT* screw it, im going w/ it now...

if anything the Leadtek has a killer HSF setup. good luck.

they are all pretty much the same cards right now anyway. i dunno what the big fuss is over the eVGA. my BFG does 435/1170, and a friends eVGA can only do 402/1100. i've seen mixed results from either brand.

too bad Frys isn't a national chain. customer service = the suck. but hey, at least they've got 6800GTs in stock! :D

WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE COOLERS??!! sorry for shouting but I think that monster is just what my eVGA needs to push a little further. :(

its leadtek's special cooler. you can wait and get a nv silencer 4, which should work better and be cooler(infact, even w/ that kick ass cooler i might do that)

just slap an old CPU HSF on there and call it good. i've got a PEP66 waiting to be attached to my 6800GT.

joemama said:
WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE COOLERS??!! sorry for shouting but I think that monster is just what my eVGA needs to push a little further. :(

how about waiting for the nvSilencer?

I personally am waiting for danger den to release their new waterblocks for the 6800s :)

I am not sure about the VGA silencer being so much better. Sure it has a bigger louder fan but the heatsink in itself aren´t very impressive on the VGA silencer. I would say the leadtek heatsink is better and the VGA silencer fan is better as it pulls more air.

that is the nv silecer 4 from arctic cooling. their is a version of it(ati version instead of nvidia) on the HIS and i think msi x800 xt-pe

I am glad I ordered my Leadtek 6800GT last night because the price went up $20. I think it is going to be a great card and upgrade from my Leadtek TI4600.

i think they have 3 year w/ all their products

wow, that thing didnt last 6 hrs! o went to bed at 2, got up at 8 and they were all gone. im so glad i got mine when i did, though i think the heatsink is kinda fugly(not as nice as the nv4) ah well, ill deal

Weren't there problems with the older NV35 stuff where that metal mesh would get clogged with dust leading to fan failure?

It's pretty ugly IMO (almost as much as the Sapphire "Toxic") but slap an NV Silencer on it (when released) and I'd bet your good to go.

Hi,
I got a Leadteck 6800 GT and don't worry, it's a great card!
The cooling system is monstruous but very efficient and quite silent (more than the reference cooling system).
For now I'm running it at the speeds of an Ultra without problems, I'm waiting for my new waterblock to push it higher :D

ok, thanks.. it realy reashurerd me to hear from someone that actualy has the card. thanks :)

btw, i see you live in paris. did you see the finish of the tour? its a real shame voekler(sp) didnt get the white jersy

CrimandEvil said:
Weren't there problems with the older NV35 stuff where that metal mesh would get clogged with dust leading to fan failure?

It's pretty ugly IMO (almost as much as the Sapphire "Toxic") but slap an NV Silencer on it (when released) and I'd bet your good to go.

It looks really really good once you got it. Pictures don´t do it justice ;).

oqvist said:
It looks really really good once you got it. Pictures don´t do it justice ;).
I'm sure :) but I'd rather get the Gainward watercooled one. :D Now that looks like a nice piece of ass! .....damn I need to get out more.lol

Back