• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I killed it!

BuffPuff

n00b
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
1
OOPS.

It was an AMD xp 2600+ t-bread on an asus vt8x-x (via), using a special cooling thing I invented called Dutch winter (3 case fans and the comp is sitting next to an open window with 0 degrees celcius outside).

I changed the multiplier from 13 (where it worked fine) to 13.5 on fsb of 166 and vcore of .8 (the original tbread multiplier is 12.5).

after running cyberlink's producer for 20 seconds (highly cpu consuming), the comp just turned off and it doesnt turn on again (i get the green led on the board but nothing besides it).

Im guessing the cpu fried, I hopw they will replace it on the warranty.

R.I.P

p.s. I see onlline that now they only have bartons, how do they compare to the tbread 2600+ in terms of OC?
 
I think all you need to do is reset the CMOS which normally envolves taking out the battery and jumper next to it. I doubt your CPU fried, but if it did then no it wouldnt be covered by warrenty because of the fact you overclocked it.
 
^^unless the chip is physicaly fried theres no way they can tell you OCed. He can still RMA it if he is in the timeframe. All that would stop him is his own morality and if he thinks its wrong.
 
your cooling system is going to fuck up your comp anyways. the moist air outside will make condensation on your computer parts and cook them. not a smart idea there bud.
 
Why would warming up cold/dry air cause condensation inside the computer.
The only way you can get condensation is to cool warm/damp air down below its dew point.
You may get condensation on the outside of the case if the temp difference is great enough.

Just reset the cmos back to default.

Luck........ :D
 
Banned? Already? Hehe.

I like the Bartons myself, never used a T-Bird though.
 
This may be sort of a noob question, but I wont become l33t by not asking it so: why was the poor fellah banned??
 
Back
Top