• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I just wrote something about PSUs

MissingGhost

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
104
I just started some writting about PSUs. Mainly a guide for beginners. It's here.

What do you think about it so far? (except that I suck at writting in english; it's not my primary language) I know that most of you will find it very basic (I even show the connectors), but I'm trying to keep it accessible to new builders. I mainly want all your corrections to make it better.
 
MissingGhost said:
I just started some writting about PSUs. Mainly a guide for beginners. It's here.

What do you think about it so far? (except that I suck at writting in english; it's not my primary language) I know that most of you will find it very basic (I even show the connectors), but I'm trying to keep it accessible to new builders. I mainly want all your corrections to make it better.
Good pictures. Hey what's up with psus and overclocking we should know about?
 
I'm confused about your "list of PSU brands that are known to at least have SOME good products". Why not also a list of brands that are always good, which would include most of the brands in your list?
 
Well, you have Hiper as a bad brand (they are 1 of the biggest european high-end PSU makers), you might want to do a bit more reasearch as the R-Types are pretty solid PSU's. at $120 for a 580 PSU they are pretty solid for bang for buck. Also the rosewill PSU's are newegg housebrand they have been pretty solid on the rails as well.
 
V3|!UM said:
Well, you have Hiper as a bad brand (they are 1 of the biggest european high-end PSU makers), you might want to do a bit more reasearch as the R-Types are pretty solid PSU's. at $120 for a 580 PSU they are pretty solid for bang for buck. Also the rosewill PSU's are newegg housebrand they have been pretty solid on the rails as well.
I disagree with you. All the research I've done on Hiper PSU has shown me that they are average PSUs with a good look. I wouldn't recommend it against other similarly priced offerings of other brands. Also I cannot recommend Rosewill due to the inconsistancy of the quality of their PSUs. However, the point of my post was more to receive general comments about what I wrote, not particular details.
 
Yeah there are a number of issues. You recommend a claculator that as of now still uses watts as a measure. BIg mistake. Also your formular for figuring out 12v amperage is confusing and in need of major help. Unfortunately gray on white isn't easy for me to read so I kind of gave up there.
 
thanks for putting the effort into it.

Hard to read though unless I hihglight everythin.

Nice pics though.

Wish we had a psu inquisitor :rolleyes: :D :)
 
Back
Top