I just ruined my LG 4k 32" monitor

Motley

2[H]4U
Today I was moving my LG 4k 32" 32UD99-W ...and I dropped it. It is now TOAST. (turns on but has lines all over it)

So mad at my self, only had it 1.5yrs paid $750.

Any suggestions for a replacement. Should I get the new LG offerings. I would like IPS 32" 4k.

Budget is $500 - 600.

Thanks.

Those LG panels look solid I got a Samsung VA though VA is nice if you never tried one before.

Aw geez, I can certainly commiserate. I damaged the panel in my 32" Acer 4k a few weeks back. I was tilting it down to move some cords and, who knew, the spring loaded stand would force the display forward when it's around parallel to the ground. The screen whacked a metal tool on my desk and cracked a corner of the LCD with multiple lines. I paid >$700 for the monitor a while back. I've resigned myself to moving to a 27" 4k or 1440p 144hz since I'm not willing to spend a fortune to replace it.

TBH, you're going to be hard pressed finding a 32" better than that 32UD99 unless you spend ~$850 for one of the new 32" 144hz monitors e.g. Acer

You could get a VA for around your budget, but you will likely be disappointed in my experience having come from a quality IPS screen. Definitely try to look at a 32" VA and play around with settings before buying etc. You'll likely see the difference from IPS right away.

Last edited:
I would open such monitor, check panel number and then try to find replacement panel on ebay/aliexpress.

I would open such monitor, check panel number and then try to find replacement panel on ebay/aliexpress.

That panel cost (~$400 w/shipping) and the effort is more than it's worth. It can be done, but in my experience, LG housings can be difficult to work with and are notoriously hard to match the mainboards firmware to the exact panel version.

Back