• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I just ordered my x800 xt

matrixfan0831

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
276
Yup finally i did it and i dont care if its on back order.... I got it from antares computing and it was only $511. 1 Gigabyte x800 xt agp 8x card yay! sry i just felt like celebratign w/ a post
 
Im hoping it will only be like one or two weeks the woman said gigabyte was having problems getting the chipset.
 
Nice choice of card, I really like mine. Enjoy it when you get in 2015. :p
 
wow two "noobs" jumping on a guy. :rolleyes:

Anyways,

Congrats on the card matrixfan, I, as i'm sure you do, hope that it comes in fast so you can enjoy it in all it's glory.

Ignore the others, this really is a friendly forum. :)
 
New to the forum. Not new to the game.

The 2015 reference was a joke. HAHA. I do really like my X800. It rocks. You made a good choice, dude.
 
Then I retract my "two" and refer back to "one".

Oh, and damn you for getting an X800XT. :p
 
matrixfan0831 said:
Yup finally i did it and i dont care if its on back order.... I got it from antares computing and it was only $511. 1 Gigabyte x800 xt agp 8x card yay! sry i just felt like celebratign w/ a post

I hate you I hate you I hate you!!!

Lol, seriously though. I'm getting so tired of having to use low resolutions and only mid-range quality settings. That x800 XT will be one killer card. You'll get to enjoy the picky stuff like Doom3 in high resolution with probably the highest quality settings and FSAA as well as AF.

One of these days I have to upgrade my video card. I want a digital flatpanel one of these days, but it's kind of pointless to get one if your video card can't handle playing games in the screen's natural resolution (or at least close enough that you can see what you are doing with stretching turned off.) I've yet to see one that had stretching that came even close to the quality of analog when using lower resolutions (well, unless you go TOO low. 640 and below kind of look better since they are so crappy to begin with.) You can probably get one of those 1280 LCDs and play Doom3 and HL2 on it. *sigh* I'm thinking that I'll get one of the 1280s if I ever get the cash and turn off stretching, then, if I have to play in lower at least it will be the same quality, just harder to see. I'll probably get a new card first, but I can't get anything really special.
 
The Donut said:
Then I retract my "two" and refer back to "one".

Oh, and damn you for getting an X800XT. :p

Wow, I guess I won't be honest anymore. Here, maybe this is better:

Hey that's awesome! You'll probably get it before everyone else including me who ordered from every other site that claimed to be selling the line. Especially before the people who have been pushed back over 3 weeks.

Now that I got that out. I said good luck, I was being encouraging. But I'm not going to lie to the guy, I'll tell him that it's most likely that he won't get it. That seems to be the trend all around the internet.

Edit - Something else you should know, man, is this: Every site gives different eta's for the cards to come in, and the word I got straight from ATI was that they were sending out the xt-pe's on October 15th. That's after I was told by the store that they would have it by August 6th. I figure you should be privvy to that information.
 
Yeah ive been reading about alot of etas whizzing by but i will only really care if its sept. 10th and i still dont have a card cuz taht would just be stupid...
 
I know I couldn't wait. I built a new computer for the coming school year, and I had to wait on the xt-pe. Much to my dismay, I realized that there was no on-board vga on the mobo, so I HAVE to wait for the graphics card. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place -- I need to buy a video card now, but it's more worthwhile to wait until either the next gen. is out or you can actually get your hands on the top-of-the-line stuff for this generation. That's why I'm going x800pro vivo flashed to xt-pe, that way I'll have my xt-pe for less and sooner, even if there is a little risk involved. Then I'll sell it for a slight loss (most likely) and buy a 512 card or something. If you can wait, then it's worth it. But if you're in a situation like mine where you can't turn the pc on, and you can't complete the watercooling path yet, then I'd say grab what you can for now.
 
matrixfan0831 said:
I would but id screw it up.... :(

See if you can find a Gigabyte X800 Pro VIVO...they come with 16 pipes enabled, stock. Nothing to screw up, even if you tried :)
 
Back
Top