• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I just got this temp probe, how do I mount it?

Well, to get the BEST reading you'd need to pull the heatspreader off the chip. But the risk of crushing the core goes up quite a bit.


I've had a thermal probe just taped to the lowest point of my heatsink for a while now, and its pretty worthless like that.

Tonight i'm going to take it apart and attempt to secure the probe to the side of the heatspreader with a few dabs of superglue and see how effective that is.
 
Aaron_ATX said:
Well, to get the BEST reading you'd need to pull the heatspreader off the chip. But the risk of crushing the core goes up quite a bit.


I've had a thermal probe just taped to the lowest point of my heatsink for a while now, and its pretty worthless like that.

Tonight i'm going to take it apart and attempt to secure the probe to the side of the heatspreader with a few dabs of superglue and see how effective that is.
Well if I had a heatsink this probably wouldn't be that hard, but Im not using a heatsink, I have this hugh phase change evaporator head on my FX55
 
well forgive my ignorance of phasechange systems, but since the point is you need CPU temp, I don't see how that changes anything. Anywhere you can stick it closest to the CPU core would be best, right?
 
Aaron_ATX said:
well forgive my ignorance of phasechange systems, but since the point is you need CPU temp, I don't see how that changes anything. Anywhere you can stick it closest to the CPU core would be best, right?
I didn't mean for it to sound ignorant, take it easy buddy.......
 
Back
Top