I JUST GOT A DELL 2407WFP

isai95

Limp Gawd
The company got it for me. But the network computer where they installed has a cheap mobo enbeded video card and can do 1600 x 1200 max only. However, I'm very impressed that this monitor can do many resolutions and looks really good as if it was on its native resolution!
The model is the 2407WFPb made in Mexico. What's the difference between the E248 WFP for $375.00 and the 2407WFP-HC for $599.00 and the one I got?

You got the older model of the 2407wfp-hc. The E248 is a cheap 24" tn panel with most of the features of the 2407 stripped out of it.

I cannot work at 1600 x 1200! My eyes hurt a lot! Text is so small in my apps and cannot be adjusted to a bigger font size.:mad:
Going down to 1280 x 1024. Perhaps, I'll get a 2nd monitor to see the apps that look better at 1024 x 768 or even better at 800 x 600.

That is one great monitor. Good thing your company paid for it its over $600. And a Samsung and most competing LCD's cna be had for $500 Soem even as low as $450. how do these stack up? HardOCP should test LCD monitors doing real world subjective tests to see which 24 inch monitor provides the best gaming experience.

That is one great monitor. Good thing your company paid for it its over $600. And a Samsung and most competing LCD's cna be had for $500 Soem even as low as $450. how do these stack up? HardOCP should test LCD monitors doing real world subjective tests to see which 24 inch monitor provides the best gaming experience.

I have looked at every va (and only a few tn, and no ips panels) 24" except the benq. The dell is by far the best IF the ghosting on it doesn't bother you. If it does bother you then the lg 24" is the next best. The ips 24" are just to expensive, and tn panels are really inferior.

The original 2407 non-HC does not have the same ghosting issues, or at least from my
research.

I know, but the reason I mention it is because I believe the original poster has a non-HC
model by the model number description.

If you look at my second post I already pointed that out.

Not exactly, you wrote "You got the older model of the 2407wfp-hc.". The original 2407
does not use the HC designator, they're two different monitors.

Not exactly, you wrote "You got the older model of the 2407wfp-hc.". The original 2407
does not use the HC designator, they're two different monitors.

Its the older model, the hc is just to designate a high color panel other than that all the features are the same unlike the Tn 24" dell makes which has many features stripped out of it. If you want to argue it then go ahead but if you compare the two they are pretty much the same lcd except different panel unlike the tn 24".

I never said anything about the TN model, nor was I discussing it. I was merely pointing
out that 2407 and 2407-HC were different models. One supports a higher color gamut (the HC)
the other doesn't, but the original 2407 doesn't exhibit the inverse ghosting problems so prominent
in the HC version. This is all I was trying to point out. Yes the specs are virtually the same, but
unless you disassemble both versions, we don't really know what Dell changed under the hood
apart from the backlight. The performance differences are just enough to warrant not calling them
the same monitor.

Back