I just deleted all my movies!!!

Zer0Cool

Limp Gawd
I just deleted my movie folder by accident, how do I get it back?

I tried system restore but it didn't help :( and its not in my recycle Bin.

Thanks

Buy them with money?

Oh+Snap.jpg

Buy Getdataback, you may be able to restore some of them but others will just end up corrupted probably.

It all depends how much activity your drive has been after said event.

we use Uneraser here at work has come in very handy so far been able to recover stuff for people from thumb drives and hard drives in almost all cases except where the drive recovering from has been formatted.

try undelete plus. There are a bunch of programs to recover these files, but keep in mind the longer the system is in use the less likely you will be able to get all the files back. Recuva is another decent option.

Buy Getdataback, you may be able to restore some of them but others will just end up corrupted probably.

It all depends how much activity your drive has been after said event.

It all happen about 3 hours ago, since then PC was idle.

Il check it out thanks.

we use Uneraser here at work has come in very handy so far been able to recover stuff for people from thumb drives and hard drives in almost all cases except where the drive recovering from has been formatted.

will download now thanks.

try undelete plus. There are a bunch of programs to recover these files, but keep in mind the longer the system is in use the less likely you will be able to get all the files back. Recuva is another decent option.

I just used recuva using standard scan it didn't find anything. Im using deep scan now. Someone told me since I did the system restore i might of messed this up even more...

yea system restore will take u back yesterday? week? month? not 2 minutes ago

let me know if u got it resolved..i like to know ;)

GetDataBack..its worth every penny in my opinion.

Great Program!!!

I was able to get about half the stuff. Really interesting why the other half was not retrievable. The folders were all there, but the folders were 0kb. But great program. If you know of any tricks to get the other half ore maybe a more deeper clean option plz let me know.

thanks.

Great Program!!!

I was able to get about half the stuff. Really interesting why the other half was not retrievable. The folders were all there, but the folders were 0kb. But great program. If you know of any tricks to get the other half ore maybe a more deeper clean option plz let me know.

thanks.

The half that couldn't be retrieved is due to the system restore you attempted.

Future reference:

System restore will not delete or restore User Files. Never has.

You accidentally hit delete while your movie directory was selected, then accidentally hit "Yes" when it asked you if you wanted to delete said item, and then proceeded to accidentally hit "OK" when it told you that it was too big for the recycle bin and would be deleted directly?

/sigh

You accidentally hit delete while your movie directory was selected, then accidentally hit "Yes" when it asked you if you wanted to delete said item, and then proceeded to accidentally hit "OK" when it told you that it was too big for the recycle bin and would be deleted directly?

/sigh

hehe. well, it happens.

there is a big chance that it’ll restore you everything without corrupted files, I once restored over 1 GB of excel, word, and database files when someone at my work place formatted the accounts manager flash drive. I tried about 5 different programs and Getdataback seemed to have the best results.

/sigh

my thoughts exactly ...lol

..sounds "fishy"

i was going to reply with just copy them from your backup (but that wouldnt have been very helpful)

i hope you now go out and buy yourself adequate backup space!!

i once used a program i think it may have been get data back to recover 80% of some stuff i lost on a failed raid 0 array (i know now alright!!!)

I have separate partitions set up for games/videos/music (and yes all legally from itunes), and a backup partition. So the only way it can get written over is if you save something to that partition. Probably would've been able to recover all of them.

I have separate partitions set up for games/videos/music (and yes all legally from itunes), and a backup partition. So the only way it can get written over is if you save something to that partition. Probably would've been able to recover all of them.

A backup partition is not a sound backup strategy. If the drive dies, which happens a lot, or the partition table gets nailed, then your backup is gone too. Unless you're meaning a backup partition on another drive.

A backup partition is not a sound backup strategy. If the drive dies, which happens a lot, or the partition table gets nailed, then your backup is gone too. Unless you're meaning a backup partition on another drive.

It's just a backup because i was messing around with W7 RC and the real deal. I have every installer and Word/Excel, etc files on it. It helps a ton because I don't have to put anything on a flash drive or download/use the CD for my programs.

Listen, GetDataBack for NTFS, doesnt cost alot if your a legal man, and works beautifully. I have used this many years at a helpdesk position at college.

/sigh

You'd be surprised, how often this happens.

Years ago we had a guy at work double click to open an important directory. But he actually click-dragged it into the next lowest folder. After the resulting chaos, which also replicated to the backup server and hosed the whole operation, someone found the folder and just moved it back.

Shit happens. :rolleyes:

Totally. I've lost stuff I needed before because I was deleting stuff while my brain was in lala land then 5 seconds later was like "WTF!! HOW WAS I SO STUPID TO DO THAT!". The worst was formatting and installing windows on a data partition on my drive because I forgot that an hour earlier I had renamed the partitions.

I was testing a hard disk diagnostic software and I accidentaly destroyed the partition on a 320gb drive full of movies. Thankfully I was able to recover all of them

Has happened to the best of us. Wife deleted her PhD interviews etc etc :D
Drive formatted by over enthusiastic bro of his, she collapsed with fear and rage :D though got it all back with some free data recovery software. The kid lived :D

I remember about 10 years ago I had a folder of a few hundred mp3's. It was late at night and I was so tired, but I had to stay awake for one reason or another. I killed time cleaning up my computer a bit, deleting unwanted folders and files and such. I highlighted the mp3 folder and rapidly hit DELETE and ENTER, then about 10 seconds later it dawned on me I just deleted all my music.

My recycle bin at the time was turned off.

I wanted to cry. :-P

/sigh

As I mentioned above I was under impression I was deleting something else.

my thoughts exactly ...lol

..sounds "fishy"

Sounds Fishy? Why in the world would you say that? No you know what you right I purposely made up this story to get some attention. There you got me!

To anyone else thats interested I was able to get half the stuff back with "GetDataBack" as I mentioned before.

I have two main Drives on my PC. One is my raid-0 main drive of 1.16 TB and the other is my back up with 640GB. 640 is my movies/music backup programs drive. I was reorganizing it to clear some space and deleting a bunch of files...etc And beeing under impression I was deleting something else I deleted my movie folder :( stuff happens :)

Anyways I was glad I was able to get half of it, and the experience I got from this is priceless lol.

Thank you all for the help.

Cheers.

Back