I just bought a New iPad

Ur_Mom

Fully [H]
My first Apple product. I've used my wife's iPhone 4 a little bit, but nothing major. So, this is my first experience with a real Apple product that I'll use for myself (I've played with them lightly with a Hackintosh, etc.). Any suggestions on where to start? I'm Googling stuff to do with it, but it's all just standard iOS stuff. Anything cool to do with a decent home network.

I'm coming from an Android tablet (rooted CM7.1 Nook Color) to this thing. I wanted a larger screen and I've been wanting to try out the iPad. So, I forced myself to get one. I'm a lifelong Microsoft user, so this is a completely new thing for me.

Can you use a stylus on this thing? I want to get OneNote and use it for taking notes and stuff. I'm impressed so far. It's no Android, but I didn't expect it to be. It's fast, nice screen, and gets the job done. I just need apps to actually get some stuff done!

Yes, you can use a stylus.

Get dropbox. Maybe sugarsync too. I have a boat load of apps, so I don't know what you like. Lots of stuff to get.

Try AirSupremacy and MC3.

Yes, you can use a stylus.

Get dropbox. Maybe sugarsync too. I have a boat load of apps, so I don't know what you like. Lots of stuff to get.

Try AirSupremacy and MC3.

I'll try those. See, I'm not sure what I like - it's my first Apple thing. I don't know what's out there. I'm going to put some books & magazines on it, OneNote, maybe a PuTTy style program, definitely Dropbox.

I feel like such a newb with this thing. I'm having to ask my sister what I have to do on certain things.

I use an app called StreamToMe for streaming media from my PC to my iPad, I think it was $2.99.

Bought a Boxwave Stylus the other day from Boxwave through Amazon for $8.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey, me too! Got myself the new iPad for textbooks, rather than carry around my laptop. So far, I love it. I bought a Jot stylus, and use it to practice drawing (never really got into drawing before, but now I can take *any* (giggity) picture and trace over it to learn how to draw by imitating others) [And the best thing is if I don't like what I scribble, I can delete it, no mess, no pencils to carry (aside from the stylus), and nobody knows what I've done. ]

I use AirVideo for streaming videos to my ipad, Note Taker HD and Procreate for stylus work (notes/giggity drawing tracing). I also stumbled upon Air Display for using the iPad as an extra display device on my desktop/laptop.

For remote applications I use teamviewer mostly, but you can use logmein or RDP if you want. Dropbox/other remote storage apps are a must! Dropbox was crucial in helping me get myself the correct textbook for calculus while I was at school (I had the wrong textbook, so I remoted home and found the correct one, uploaded to dropbox, download to ipad, profit)

For flash videos I use iSwifter, mainly because it works with the videos my school puts on their online courses

Back