I haven't got a clue how to overclock....

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
There I said it! :)
I stem from the days when you set the FSB to 100 and got a 300A to 450, that's all I can remember. Now there are ram dividers, and all sorts of stuff that I don't understand.

I wouldn't mind getting 3ghz out of my E6600 and P5B deluxe with good G-Skill memory, anyone want to show me how?

I have quite cood cooling and a good PSU, should be a piece of cake right?

The ram and the FSB are both synchronise , they are timed and using what the ratio or deviders are set at the data flows accordingly through them.

If your ratio is set 1:1 then if you increase one of them the same increases for the next.

What tou want to do is set your ram to about 80% what its rated at and then work your self up , this way they both will reach the max of what they can acheive.

For eg . your ram max is say about 20% more than what its rated at , I do warn you though your ram might not even do a extra mhz than it might be rated at.

You are finding what the FSB can also max at , and after that its simple maths to see and set the synchronisation of both. Just try a bit and you will see a pattern of whats happening.

Also write your findings and use the leaderboard as a quide , the one mentok1982 has made up

Back