I have the Radeon Pro Duo in hand

Elmy

Gawd
20160415_165557.jpg
I get to play with this all weekend.

Too bad you're under an NDA =/

Interested in performance figures.

lol for what!
whats that little square thing in the bottom right corner?

What is the little GPU die looking block in the bottom right of the foam?

Nice. Do want.... but I think the "you are an idiot" jingle would play in my head for months if I spent that much money on 1 video card.

Playing some Black Ops 3 right now and OMG ... Smooth as butter!!!!!

ugh, wish I was there, my 7970 died and with the new cards so close to coming out I just can't bring myself to buy right now... This 570 is killing me though, I get frame drop at 1680X1050 on low in BF4. :(

wait so Amd are giving away free gpu dies with the duo
yea a pretty piece of plastic i bet......Some kind of promo item to keep people from removing the cooler just to look at it? Maybe its a sticker?

Elmy you do this stuff as side work or its your primary business? just curious

Elmy you do this stuff as side work or its your primary business? just curious

Free keychain! I'm curious too!

I own an Electrical Contracting business up here in the Seattle/Tacoma area in Washington. I do the computer stuff for fun.

I sell old hardware to pay for new builds. Some of it is sponsored some of it I've bought on my own. My White lightning build you see in this video I have about 4 grand of my own money into it not including my time.

I go to about 5 or so LAN parties a year. 3 PDXLAN , 1 PAX Prime , and some other random ones. Dreamhack is a maybe at this point.I have had over a million views on various Youtube videos including my own channel you can find @ Elmnator1 . I have also been on the front cover of CPU magazine twice with my custom builds with a full write up with pictures in the magazine. I see the sponsor reps at all the events I go to and build relationships with them. I first started working with AMD in 2011 after I got into CPU magazine the first time and took my custom build with my Eyefinity setup to GeForce LAN in Alameda CA. ( AMD thought this was great ) They help me with hardware for my builds and it has grown over the years.Even they have told me no sometimes when I have asked for stuff. It takes a lot of time and money to get to a point where sponsors will send you stuff. Some of them no matter how accomplished you are just tell you no. Asus is one. I have asked them for help a few times and they just told me no. There are other sponsors like Crucial and Enermax which are just amazing at helping out. MSI is also currently helping me out and they have been awesome. EK helped out in the white lightning build you see in the video above and they are awesome too. I am also currently sponsored by Club3D and actually work for them part time doing RMA stuff and some consulting.( about 10 hours a month )

Sorry for the ramble.

I like this Elmy guy. One day I'll make it to PDX. Elmy have you thought of coming to any LAN's here in the midwest?

ugh, wish I was there, my 7970 died and with the new cards so close to coming out I just can't bring myself to buy right now... This 570 is killing me though, I get frame drop at 1680X1050 on low in BF4. :(

I feel your pain. My 7970 has 1 dead fan, 2 working. Only way I can play is to lower graphics and underclock the card, plus set fans to 100% 2560x1600 puts a strain on cards. Need a new one, eyeing an R9 390x but...new cards soon. The wait is painful.

I like this Elmy guy. One day I'll make it to PDX. Elmy have you thought of coming to any LAN's here in the midwest?

Probably not. Unless a sponsor pays for a flight and shipping of my stuff. I was thinking of going to Dreamhack but my new build will not be done so I might skip it this year. My next event is PDXLAN in July then PAX Prime.

I did go to Markham Ontario in Canada to AMD's ExtravaLANza event in 2014. It was at their HQ. I shipped all my stuff and flew. Didn't have my stuff for a month because it was all in transit one way or another.

I feel your pain. My 7970 has 1 dead fan, 2 working. Only way I can play is to lower graphics and underclock the card, plus set fans to 100% 2560x1600 puts a strain on cards. Need a new one, eyeing an R9 390x but...new cards soon. The wait is painful.

I used wire ties to attach a small AMD CPU fan laying around the house to my old HD7950 a few years ago. Worked like a charm and plugged directly into the board like the OEM fan did. Nephew called it ghetto, but we agreed that since I was still gaming it was fine.

So i was guessing correct after all.....nice work on your bends for your water pipes. (its looks like shit when people put them together not level or square) Nice to see your getting pretty good sponsors. What kind of ideas for the next build? They only sent the one card right? Maybe your doing another small to med size build? Whens it going to be ready?

So i was guessing correct after all.....nice work on your bends for your water pipes. (its looks like shit when people put them together not level or square) Nice to see your getting pretty good sponsors. What kind of ideas for the next build? They only sent the one card right? Maybe your doing another small to med size build? Whens it going to be ready?

Thanks! I am an electrician by trade so I love bending pipe and having it look good. Its called Craftsmanship. I can't stand builds that have crooked pipes. Drives me nuts. But I am OCD like that.

This is what I am working on next. PDXLAN Community Forum :: View topic - Project Venus by Elmy Its a Quad Fury X system with a ton of polished copper. Should be done by the beginning of July.

After this one I don't know. I am getting 2 Pro Duo's. I got one now. The other one is coming later. I might build a pair of LAN/VR boxes Identical with reverse colors on the 2 rigs....

Reactions: noko
like this
One of these days you need to custom build together with a priority max performance/max value with same workmaship of course...but more of a focus on look what i made with only this. I really get interested in those as well.

Its nothing...there was a little anamosity between AMD and [H] a while back and someone deleted his thread...ancient history now. When a website is used to getting samples to test every year and then it stops for pretty much no reason -well you get the idea.

lol I c... perhaps I shouldn't have asked and he should have kept his mouth shut! see above...

Thanks! I am an electrician by trade so I love bending pipe and having it look good. Its called Craftsmanship. I can't stand builds that have crooked pipes. Drives me nuts. But I am OCD like that.

This is what I am working on next. PDXLAN Community Forum :: View topic - Project Venus by Elmy Its a Quad Fury X system with a ton of polished copper. Should be done by the beginning of July.

After this one I don't know. I am getting 2 Pro Duo's. I got one now. The other one is coming later. I might build a pair of LAN/VR boxes Identical with reverse colors on the 2 rigs....

Awesome! Yes Craftsmanship makes all the difference in the world on the same exact components but I also see some art thrown in there as well :)

That build is great, I love the bent chrome tubing. I have never seen that in a build. We always just used flexible hose. I like that look a good deal more.

Reactions: Elmy
like this
Back