I have t3h uber e6600!!!

DDRX360

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
101
I get 40c idle 50c load with 1.625vcore and I'm using air cooling w/ CPU clocked at 3.6ghz
 
Mine's idling at 20C at stock voltage. It's uber-cool, at least.
 
it'd be nice if you posted screenshots every time you made one of these threads. along with running some sort of stability check.
 
DDRX360 said:
I get 40c idle 50c load with 1.625vcore and I'm using air cooling w/ CPU clocked at 3.6ghz

What temps you getting with coretemp ?
 
thumbthisthreadisworthlesswithoutpub9kq3.gif
 
I just realized that I didn't need 1.4v to get to 3Ghz last night.

I was playing around with every setting on the motherboard trying to get it stable higher than 3Ghz. Kind of gave up, so I went back down to 3Ghz and started playing with each setting and realized that my problem was the MCH voltage, it "likes" + .1v at Auto, +2 or +3 it must be too much voltage.

I've heard at Auto as you increase the FSB speed, the MCH & FSB voltages increase, so by the time you're at 330+FSB they're at like +2 or +3

I figured out with most of my system less is more. (most of the settings were running better with less voltage).

I'm thinking my motherboard is just crapping out around 333Mhz.
I wish I had an Asus P5W DH to test it on.
 
I just got my second E6600 yesterday...a week 27. :) On my P5W DH, I'm doing 3.6GHz 400x9 @ 1.475VCore (BIOS, 1.455V actual) Orthos and 3DMark05 CPU tests stable. Air cooled with an Ultra-120 with all fans spinning at lowest speed.

These week 27 chips are UBER E6600's. This chip gave me 400Mhz over my week 23 at the exact same voltage and stability.

Every one so far will do 3.6GHz with moderate voltage on air. Couple guys on XS are 3.8GHz-4GHz on air.

That's some uberness. :)
 
Back
Top