I have some issues using my pc as router for my synology nas

oldy

Weaksauce
i use a phone as internet modem (using tethering via usb) to my pc (only have LTE connection in my area) and i use my pc as router to send the internet connection to the nas via ethernet (using internet sharing on windows 10)

the internet works on the nas but all ports fail to connect (especially 32400 for plex which i want to use outside over the internet)

i added the port manually in the adapter setting on windows but still cant connect

here are some pics
https://imgur.com/a/pumSjXx

how can i set this properly ?
thanks

i was not aware you could nat on LTE. does anything else work? as in host something on the PC and see if you can access remotely first before trying something behind the pc

i was not aware you could nat on LTE. does anything else work? as in host something on the PC and see if you can access remotely first before trying something behind the pc
sorry but how can i do that ? (i dont know much in networking)

Not going to work. It looks as if the phone is handing out a 192.168.37.x address to your pc, so the Windows desktop is already behind a NAT. The issue with that is that you have no control over the port forwarding of your phone itself, so you can't get the traffic to flow from the phone to the desktop. If you could get that part to work then there's likely a way to get the traffic to the NAS. (But you'd probably need to get a custom ROM on an android phone or something that would allow you to setup forwarding rules via the terminal)

Back