• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I have an idea, will it work?

kevineugenius

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
1,415
I currently have a single 8800gtx and a 580w PSU, Hiper brand. I don't really want to buy a $200 power supply to upgrade to SLI, so I'm looking at Thermaltake's 250-watt GPU PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153037&Tpk=thermaltake+250

So, I am not 100% sure if I want to run an 8800gtx on just that 250w power supply, so I'm thinking I can run one connector from both power supplies to each graphics card. Is that going to make things more stable or less stable? Is the TT250w enough power to run an 8800gtx by itself? At least one review on newegg says it is, but I'm still not convinced.
 
Yeah it will work, the 8800GTX use at most 225W of power.And even then that's at max load which dosen't happen a lot, it's less than that most of the time.

A 75W from the PCI-Express slot which will come from your Hiper PSU.
And 150W from the Thermaltake GPU PSU if you connect both connector to it.


I personally use 2 Enermax PSU in my system a 365W for the 8800 and the 8 Fans and the 535W for the Motherboard / CPU / 7 Hard drives. But I know someone with the GPU PSU and it work with the 8800GTX.
 
Back
Top