• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I have a decision to make

Blackjack

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
1,352
My friend is looking to build a computer and likes my antec 900. I would be willing to sell it to him if he goes half on a new case for me (not a big deal id actually be making money on the 900). I was looking at the P182 off of newegg (Case)
and i have heard great reviews. I also love the Thermaltake Armor seen here case2
Now, from a performance standpoint, using an air cooling setup is the P182 or the Armor cases even close to the 900? I do not plan on doing any modding at all. What do you guys think?
 
Bind him into contract for going "half" and buy the most expensive case you can find, lose a friend, but profit.
 
Don't know that much about the Tt Armor, but I've got a P180 case, and I like it. Lots of room for what I need, more HD bays than I need (yet), stock with 120mm fans intake and exhaust, and at least with the new versions, cable routing is reasonably easy.

Can be a little cramped but I like the compartmentalized sections for cooling.
 
I was also looking into getting the Rocketfish case at bestbuy and was wondering about the quality of that versus the other cases listed. So im between 4cases. Keeping my 900, going with the Rocketfish, Thermaltake Armor, or P182.
 
the rocketfish is a great case. its looks very close to the PC-A71 on the outside. it does lack the better features on the inside of a real lian li case, but for 72.00 or cheaper its a deal. the label on my rocketfish box had lian li on it, so its still a lian li.
 
the rocketfish is a great case. its looks very close to the PC-A71 on the outside. it does lack the better features on the inside of a real lian li case, but for 72.00 or cheaper its a deal. the label on my rocketfish box had lian li on it, so its still a lian li.

Awesome, but how is the cooling, i'm not planning to modify the case so i was wondering how the cooling would be in comparison to the 900.
 
I have the rocketfish and the armor... and lemme tell you. The armor looks clean and it cools well but BOY is it heavy! The rocketfish seems to have pretty good thermals but lacks a blowhole... i personally dont think that the blowhole on the Armor is that crucial but it may be to you. Also, the 900 in my opinion is one of the worst cases for gaming components mainly because it get VERY cramped VERY quickly.
 
buy.com has the antec 900 on sale this week for $60AR free shipping ($50 w/ GCO). if your friend really wants the 900 he might want to look into that deal. cant beat it for $50 imo.
 
I have the rocketfish and the armor... and lemme tell you. The armor looks clean and it cools well but BOY is it heavy! The rocketfish seems to have pretty good thermals but lacks a blowhole... i personally dont think that the blowhole on the Armor is that crucial but it may be to you. Also, the 900 in my opinion is one of the worst cases for gaming components mainly because it get VERY cramped VERY quickly.

The armor looks nice but is kinda outta my price bracket (for now). Any opinion on the p182 when it comes to cooling/crampedness?
 
Back
Top