• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I hate SBC

sandmanx

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 22, 2001
Messages
9,901
I'm getting sick of waiting for SBC to get my DSL up. I moved this past weekend, and for some reason, it takes them a week to get it activated at my new place. My Athlon XP-m finished a WU 4 days ago, and I still haven't sent it in, and it's driving me crazy. I was able to send 1 WU from my laptop in when I dialed up. Big WUs really suck on dialup.

I could spend a few minutes and use ICS to send the WU and get a new one, but I've been too busy moving all my crap.

My PPD have taken a 300+ point dive. Oh well, on the plus side, I plan on setting up a few machines in my garage I have now(with 'free' power) as long as I can get a wifi signal to it.
 
I don't have SBC here, but I understand your gripes.

Go to a neighbor's house, and say "This internet connection is being jacked for the betterment of society. You don't want to stand in the way of cancer research, do you?"

Yeah, that'll guilt them into letting you use it. :p
 
BillLeeLee said:
I don't have SBC here, but I understand your gripes.

Go to a neighbor's house, and say "This internet connection is being jacked for the betterment of society. You don't want to stand in the way of cancer research, do you?"

Yeah, that'll guilt them into letting you use it. :p

and if that works. dont forget to borg theirs too ;)
 
I had SBC for about a year and I thought their service was crap. The line I was on had some major problems and everytime it rained my speed would drop or the service would cut out. Everytime I called about it, it was well we could fix it, but the line's underground blah blah blah. Then I moved and I was 500' too far from the line, so oh darn, I had to get cable. :D

 
i agree i love cable i use adelphia as my provider :eek: oh my goodness it's fast
i get consistantly between 7-9 mb which is pretty sweet.

sorry about your point drop and sbc problems!
 
What makes it even more frustrating is I can almost see the local exchange, literally. It's across the street from where I am now.

I'd switch to cable, but time warner sucks balls around here. Considering the amount pixelation there was on all digital channels, I can't see them having enough bandwidth left over to get a good cable connection.
 
I have to agree that SBC has very poor customer service. I work for a CLEC and most of our customers come from SBC with similar complaints. The only help I can give you is to keep calling them and see if they will escalate your service order.
 
Well, my connection finally came back up on Friday. I also got a new temp borg for the weekend, our new dual 3GHz Xeon server, folding 4 protein threads right now.
 
Back
Top