I hate people.

NickN

Gawd
I just got BF2 a few days ago. I figure, it's Saturday, I'll sit down for a nice long session of BF2. Well let me tell you, I'm considering getting a refund right now. Not because of any flaws in the game, but because of the morons who play it.

I started off playing on an urban map. Strike at Karkand, I think it was (you'll have to forgive me if it's wrong; I don't know all the maps yet). I was playing as MEC, having a grand time. The whole time, one of the admins kept telling us that we could not use armored vehicles by spawn points because it's unfair. Then it comes down to the MEC only having one spawn point left. The same admin who was telling us not to camp spawns in vehicles, IS CAMPING OUR ONLY SPAWN ON THE GUN OF A HUMVEE. He's having a grand old time getting about 30 kills before it finally ends. Ok, next round, same map. A squad of 6 USMC sneaks around to the back and starts taking our spawns from the back. I head back there to combat them, thinking I will have at least SOME backup. Nope. I am the only person even close to the bases that are being captured. I try, but I'm really not used to BF2 yet and I can't kill any of the USMC. These guys are literally capturing all of our bases and my team is doing NOTHING. Then I see on the screen, "Artillery strike at this position!" and I think that I have a commander who actually knows what he's doing. Nope, the artillery strike is way up in some random corner of the map. I say to my team "We're losing all of our bases, in case you guys didn't notice" and one guy says something like "fuck you, I'll play how I want to." Obviously, we lost that.

Ok, time to go to a different server. Gulf of Oman - hmm, that sounds good. So I load up a server with Gulf of Oman and join USMC. MEC controls all the bases on the land; ok, that's fine, I plan on just spawning on the carrier and taking one. The second I spawn, I am TKed by some moron with an M16. Then he revives me. Then he TKs me. Then he revives me. I'm helpless to do anything. Finally I just hit the Suicide button so he can't revive me. I respawn and am joyed to find an empty Blackhawk waiting for a pilot. I sprint over and hop in. Then, some idiot says "HEY THATS MY BLAKHOK LOLOLOLOL" and throws a bunch of C4 on it. I go boom. Sigh.. different server..

Alrighty. Kubra Dam, that's a fun map. I join and the round ends about a minute later. I join USMC at the start of the new round and spawn at the airfield, dashing towards the F15. I'm gonna get there first and get to fly. But suddenly I hear gunfire behind me. I know what's going to happen before it happens. Yep, I get TKed so this idiot can have his plane. Sigh. I decide to join a squad because it seems that you're more useful to your team when you're in a squad. There's one squad that has 4 out of 6 people; all the others have just 1. I join the one with 4 and look on my map. WTF. My squad members are all spread out at random locations and we have no orders. I request an order, and the leader says "Go kill stuff." Wtf is the point of being in a squad if you're not going to work together? Meanwhile, the commander calls an artillery strike on our own airfield, TKing about 5 people.

Every single round of BF2 I played tonight, I was TKed at least once.

Ok, that's all. I just needed to vent. You can stop reading this now. :eek:

LOL... Im sorry but thats pretty funny.

Yeah but seriously i had my fair share of freakn anal pos admins..... :eek: But I guess its there server what can i do. :eek:

hahah, That's hilarious mann. I'm sorry but it is. Really, i've had nothing but good experiences playing so far. Most of the squads I join actually try to make a squad and attack certain areas. It's pretty fun when things are done right. Just keep poking around or playing with some online buddies :)

Sounds about right :rolleyes: I HATE people who TK. Like when a guy from the opposite team joins your team, TK's a bunch of people, then rejoins the other team. They can kiss my white ass.

/vent

give it another chance. also play in official EA servers or Gamespot servers. that same happened to me often times. i just disconnect and go to some other server usually the one filled with atleat 40 people.

I am just here to post support for you thread title. I hate them too. So germy! Germs everywhere! :eek:

that is why i dont ever try to fly, to many assholes, thats why i make my own squad, but only so i can tell the commander things like "Hey Buddy, Arty over here somethings going on!" but im fortunate to have never encountered such fucking dicks on bf2.

hm iv seen a lot of this when i first got bf2, in its earlier stages, then after everyone got that out of their system it seems most play the game decently now, at least from what i see

i usually play medic and try to be helpful, but i dont even know how to fly those planes nor do i plan on learning so yeah i guess i never experienced "HEY THATS MY BLACK HAWK LOLOLOLOL" <lol

It all depends on the Server.

If you join a server that any old idiot can find and join, then it'll be full of idiots.

I guess I'm quite lucky; I'm in the UK and I never play on EA's servers but play on ones hosted by a group called 'Multiplay'. They organise the biggest lan party's in the UK 3 times a year and so naturally their servers tend to attract a better class of gamer. Not necessarily better, just better natured.

I recently spent a few mins on a official EA uk server and the difference between the people just smacked me hard in the face; they're just a bunch of highly strung cocks! Seriously.

I'm sure other countries have equivalent servers that have better natured people in them. You'd do well to find them and stick to them.

I hate when your own team mates run infront of your line of fire while your trying to elmiminate an enemy or a position then they turn around and yell at you to check your fire or watch teh friendly fire.

I'm always liek, "WTF man, you saw that I was trying to eliminate that position. Don't run into my fire to get to a better firing position, run behind me asshole."

That's one reason why I don't play online games anymore; because you can't seem to find anyone who has the sense to treat the game like it was a real battle.

NickN said:
I just got BF2 a few days ago. I figure, it's Saturday, I'll sit down for a nice long session of BF2. Well let me tell you, I'm considering getting a refund right now. Not because of any flaws in the game, but because of the morons who play it.

I started off playing on an urban map. Strike at Karkand, I think it was (you'll have to forgive me if it's wrong; I don't know all the maps yet). I was playing as MEC, having a grand time. The whole time, one of the admins kept telling us that we could not use armored vehicles by spawn points because it's unfair. Then it comes down to the MEC only having one spawn point left. The same admin who was telling us not to camp spawns in vehicles, IS CAMPING OUR ONLY SPAWN ON THE GUN OF A HUMVEE. He's having a grand old time getting about 30 kills before it finally ends. Ok, next round, same map. A squad of 6 USMC sneaks around to the back and starts taking our spawns from the back. I head back there to combat them, thinking I will have at least SOME backup. Nope. I am the only person even close to the bases that are being captured. I try, but I'm really not used to BF2 yet and I can't kill any of the USMC. These guys are literally capturing all of our bases and my team is doing NOTHING. Then I see on the screen, "Artillery strike at this position!" and I think that I have a commander who actually knows what he's doing. Nope, the artillery strike is way up in some random corner of the map. I say to my team "We're losing all of our bases, in case you guys didn't notice" and one guy says something like "fuck you, I'll play how I want to." Obviously, we lost that.

Ok, time to go to a different server. Gulf of Oman - hmm, that sounds good. So I load up a server with Gulf of Oman and join USMC. MEC controls all the bases on the land; ok, that's fine, I plan on just spawning on the carrier and taking one. The second I spawn, I am TKed by some moron with an M16. Then he revives me. Then he TKs me. Then he revives me. I'm helpless to do anything. Finally I just hit the Suicide button so he can't revive me. I respawn and am joyed to find an empty Blackhawk waiting for a pilot. I sprint over and hop in. Then, some idiot says "HEY THATS MY BLAKHOK LOLOLOLOL" and throws a bunch of C4 on it. I go boom. Sigh.. different server..

Alrighty. Kubra Dam, that's a fun map. I join and the round ends about a minute later. I join USMC at the start of the new round and spawn at the airfield, dashing towards the F15. I'm gonna get there first and get to fly. But suddenly I hear gunfire behind me. I know what's going to happen before it happens. Yep, I get TKed so this idiot can have his plane. Sigh. I decide to join a squad because it seems that you're more useful to your team when you're in a squad. There's one squad that has 4 out of 6 people; all the others have just 1. I join the one with 4 and look on my map. WTF. My squad members are all spread out at random locations and we have no orders. I request an order, and the leader says "Go kill stuff." Wtf is the point of being in a squad if you're not going to work together? Meanwhile, the commander calls an artillery strike on our own airfield, TKing about 5 people.

Every single round of BF2 I played tonight, I was TKed at least once.

Ok, that's all. I just needed to vent. You can stop reading this now. :eek:

I bet all of those people play CS. I'm sure if you ask around here, you can get some good servers, because the game is REALLY worth, besides a few bugs. Like someone above said, its all on the server.

I had a few similar experiances last night before I went to bad. It infuriates me. I had to go play Sim City 4 to calm down. I had some moron on my team who kept reviving me only to die and be revived again 2 more times in Mashtour City at our only spawn due to spawn camping. The Karkand map I fucking hate. Too much spawn camping and no one ever works together on that map even if we had awesome teamwork on the previous map.
I love flying but I am about to give up on it. I use a joystick and am DC hardened to flying. I only get into a helo if either I'm flying or I know the pilot can actually fly. Nowadays I am so much more successful at getting flags by just getting in a jeep, ,humvee, or buggy, and going for it. I play as anti-tank 95% of the time so enemy artillery I encounter is not much a problem.
My advice is to find a clan server as they are generally more decent gamers there. You run the risk of being kicked for meambers though. one of my favorite servers is called something like Mad Max Thunderdome. Never really had a problem there but it is small at 32 people so it is usally full or nearly full.

yep, totally depends on the server. I've found good servers where my squad stayed together and did quite well. On the dam map, i found a buddy and we just traded off with the attack chopper, i'd be a gunner and he'd fly, then switch. good times.

NickN said:

Maybe it's called BF for a reason. Like all the Butt F%!#s you have to play with. :p (hey, just joking around here)

Like others have said, I'm sure it's seriously just some bad servers you got on. Good luck in your future BF2 experience.

I have had that happen a few times, but you're always going to have that in any online game. Just keep playing, you'll find good times more often than bad.

best thing to do is find a few servers you really like and put them in your favorites and then just wait for slots to open on those.

Revenge is always nice. If it's a server that bans after so many punished tks then just let the guy run over you that is going for the jet every time. Hide out and wait until he gets in it then jump under his tire or in front of a wing. He'll calm down pretty quick or he'll get banned.

yupem, i quit playing that game online right before the new patch came out(like 1.02) TK'ing pissed the shit out of me, with my claymores, i would be laying there sniping and had claymores behind me, and some fuck tard would come over and give me ammo and die, of course punishing me. :rolleyes: and another time, i believe the peninsula map, on a 64 man server, full, someone got in line of my fire of my m16 in burst mode and all 3 bullets went straight into his head killing him :p and i got punished and possibly kick from server. but it is fun to play online with your friends though. :)

What I do if I get tk'd:

If they say sorry: no punish

they don't: punish

no one says sorry, they just automatically punish you for them being a moron :rolleyes:

spine said:
It all depends on the Server.

If you join a server that any old idiot can find and join, then it'll be full of idiots.

I guess I'm quite lucky; I'm in the UK and I never play on EA's servers but play on ones hosted by a group called 'Multiplay'. They organise the biggest lan party's in the UK 3 times a year and so naturally their servers tend to attract a better class of gamer. Not necessarily better, just better natured.

I recently spent a few mins on a official EA uk server and the difference between the people just smacked me hard in the face; they're just a bunch of highly strung cocks! Seriously.

I'm sure other countries have equivalent servers that have better natured people in them. You'd do well to find them and stick to them.

i was about to say just this - multiplay.co.uk servers are peerless, tbh. The admins are assessed before being chosen, the people all going there seem to be nice people, and pings etc are great

EDIT: in case anyone's interested in getting involved, btw, i'm looking at addressing most of theses issues in my mod - as well as including shit like germany/france, AU/NZ, Russian and british forces, i'm looking at stuff like no tk punish option for being a retard and driving over a team-mate's mines, 2 second protection upon revival, etc... I'm mainly doing CG and art stuff tho, as i don't know a huge amount about the programming part

I have yet to punish for a TK, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume it was an accident. I know there are morons out there who team hop and tk but what the hell, few and far between. Any Tk I've ever done has been a complete accident or some moron forgets that "YOU DON'T DRIVE OVER THE RED SKULLS, OKAY!!!!??" That probably tweaks me more than anything, getting punished for their own friggin' stupidity. If I drive over a team mates mine, that's my fault, don't punish for your own mistakes or a collateral damage TK, like C4 on an enemy vehicle that you know wasn't meant for you....small rant finished.....damned fun game :cool:

I can't stand bastards that punish me for running them over when they jump in front of my vehicle. Jets, tanks, people just don't give a shit, "Hey I'll run in front of the jet coming down the runway, he better move out of the way when he gets to me or i'll punish him" Once i get the jet rolling it's not stopping, even worse is when people get pissed for taking "their" jet so they stand in front of it until you (A.) get out of the jet, or (B.) run them over..so they can fuck up your score for getting to the jet first.

That was funny, it is one of the reasons i quit playing that game, i got sick and tired of getting tked for chopper, last round I played I went -22 or something, i just went on rampage tking those fucks.

I was the one tking you, and for the record don't whine, please.

Instead of wasting your time in multiplayer, join the dark side and play SP only. :D

RailGunRiz said:
I was the one tking you, and for the record don't whine, please.
Wow if you are not kidding you are a rea moron, one of the people I would ban, why the hell would you waiste your time and ruin somebody else's? Shit people paid for the game to play and have fun not for morons tking them for no reason :( .

air2k5 said:
Wow if you are not kidding you are a rea moron, one of the people I would ban, why the hell would you waiste your time and ruin somebody else's? Shit people paid for the game to play and have fun not for morons tking them for no reason :( .

Dude, you just got trolled.

and by a really obvious and bad troll at that.

I have yet to play more the 2 minutes online with this game ...I have been doing 64bot single player until I get to know how to play the game effectively and efficiently enough to go online and actually semi-know what the heck I'm doing

I just recently figured out how to go prone ...yay ..I rock

so, yeah ..one less noob wasting server space here
:)

[H]

LOL
Sadly I have had all that happen to me also, and some other things that are even worse.

It's all about the servers, and it's hard to find really good ones!
I have been really lucky and only play on good servers, with team mates who use team speak.

NOBODY CAN BEAT ME!!

I admit I am the guy you all hate with a passion on BF2. But to me pissing of other nerds is a great pleasure in life. Yes I am disgruntled and a angry white male and this game gives me the liberty to strike out at random strangers with no consequences of reality. I used to try and play this game seriously but I gave into the dark side and am never looking back. There is nothing better in the world then to watch 2 guys on your team who always insist on having the chopper get shot in the head with your m95 as soon as they get in the cockpit while you run up and take your chopper you tked for and say thank you on the radio as you fly away. All the while they are demanding kick votes "Which never work" and screaming for all the players to vote me off. Also they are telling me im 12, I was raped by my father, Im a looser and a jerk and that Im a c*ck suckers etc. To me the more insults I get the better because it means I really got under thier skin. Then the grand finale is when I TK enough people on my team that they all get mad and start killing me as soon as a spawn usually resulting in them getting banned for tking me 3 or more times or whatever the server is set to. I look at the top bar and see so and so getting kicked of banned for tking is like a trophy to me. I start the drama make them really pissed and they get punished for it. If you dont belive me look at my precious stats.

http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf2stats.cgi?nick=Chickenmon&pid=&lang=en

I figure if I cant be the best player on the game then why not strive to be the worst. I belive I have been banned from around 30 servers and kicked from 200.

I guess now I need my fire retardent suit along with fire extinguisher.

hmm yeah Battlefield2 gets old quite fast and I can't stand playing the game unless its with people I know

ThreeDee said:
I have been doing 64bot single player ......................

[H]

How do you play 64 bot single player? I cant figure it out. Oh, I also am a SP guy because of the stupid asses on the servers.....

AMD[H]unter said:
How do you play 64 bot single player? I cant figure it out. Oh, I also am a SP guy because of the stupid asses on the servers.....
http://www.shadowreaver.net/~bf2sp64/

that is what i installed ..and when you launch the game , it will still say 16 ..but you'll have a buttload more bots runnen around :p

I'm having heeps of fun with sp ..maybe someday I will venture out to multi-land

[H]

yeah, single player only here to. i think i am done with the multiplayer aspect of that game.

The solution is the same as CS- find servers where there are reasonable, active admins, and stay on those servers. I have a couple of favorites and I stick with them. One admin comes to our LANs often so when there's a TKer we just point him out and *kick*.

Yeah I hear you. I rarely game online. Pusheads (since most are covered with their adolescent acne) have to find a way to get back at the world for what happens to them everyday in junior high. :D

Back