I hate Keychain. Need advice for managing Macs in workplace.

djoye

2[H]4U
Help me understand how Keychain works. I have users that store credentials in Keychain, if they change their Microsoft Active Directory (email, network access, etc.) password elsewhere, then power on their Mac that has the old password cached in Keychain, it seems that Keychain blows up Office 365 and locks their Microsoft Active Directory account immediately. This is very frustrating.

At this point, I think that I need to learn the best way to manage these Macs to prevent this. In a business environment, how are Macs typically managed? I'd like to be able to create policies to control functionality and manage updates.

I hate keychain, too!!!! It’s one of the reasons I got rid of my MBP. I don’t use passcodes on my iPad Pro, either. All I do is watch Netflix/Amazon Prime and read ebooks on it, anyway.

Make the specific keychain entry endpoint specific.

I hate Macs, but end up having issues in anything but Linux when I have to deal with mulitiple region specific keys, platforms that I don't recycle credentials, multiple projects in separate github.
I end up using a keychain clone in Windows.
It's not that linux is "better" bc we are just on terminal....it's that it's normal to force credentials to endpoint.

Back