I hate Cyanogenmod!!!

Quite frankly, I think this is a case of user problem...

1. You flashed GApps and don't see it them? makes no sense.

2. ROM manager doesn't work? What are you doing to it? Have you tried uninstalling reinstalling? Do you even have clockwork?

Don't jump to conclusions. CM7 works for most people. And the very few who can't get it to work either didn't root or didn't wipe. Other issues are simply misdiagnosed. Is the phone restarting or is the launcher restarting? Did you keep the launcher in ram?

If it's too complicated to follow directions, stick to stock.

Answers like this are why more people don't root, or try anything new for that matter. :mad: Seriously. Reading this reminded me the time when I was reading the explanations of a Linux zealot. They were talking down to an Ubuntu newbie just like this, about why something doesn't work when they copy and paste the commands right out of the wiki. They more or less said the same thing as this line of bullshit.

It's not like the OP said "Well the guy at the Verizon store said their Android phones already come rooted." or something silly like that.

If you aren't going to help, then don't contribute to the problem.

To the OP, glad you got a new device, that's great customer service. I hope this doesn't dissuade you from tinkering in the future though :D

Check out xda to get your phone back to stock. You can download the stock/sense ROM to get that back to "stock". You need to maintain root though. If you bring your phone completely back to its native state, you will obviously loose -su, and may not be able to get it back and end up with a bricked phone.

This is the title of the "stock" ROM I have: RUU_Incredible_C_Froyo_VERIZON_WWE_3.21.605.1_Radio_2.15.00.07.28_2k4k_NV_1.50_PRL58006_release_143351_signed.exe

Also, make sure you do a complete wipe. Davlik, cache partition, then "wipe data/factory reset". Lately I have had to run everything from recovery vs. ROM manager (I have not tried the latest update though" After that, run the .exe you want from a sense rom (obviously need to download that to your SD card before you start wiping.

If your familiar with -adb, manually pushing the files is a last resort. I am not, and would need a bit of time to read up to get that to work. (It took me 4 hours to root my phone the first time using mostly adb... pretty easy to do now with unrEVOked.)

I tempted fate and tried some mods with my replacement Inc. I'm very pleased to report that everything has been smooth and easy. Right now, I'm running CM7 and it's great. Looks like that Verizon geek was right when he said my other Inc was fucked. My thread title should have been: I hate my old Incredible!! :p

Last edited:
Well, you didn't really get too much good help here either =(

It's good that it was just a hardware fault though.

You should post this question on XDA, those peeps will get you straightened out in 2sec

And the BEST Sense based ROM, is Warm-Z, by Myn, his "Warm" series have been un _fucking_believable :eek: I am running Warm RLS 5 on my EVO, and it is fast and silky smooth, plus my battery life is easily 50% better on his ROM's, and the Warm releases are rock solid stable, I have never had a force close or lock up, not ever.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793471

lol..this is the most biopolar thread!

I've been running CM since 5 on my Nexus One, and CM7 has been remarkably stable (particularly since it's only a release candidate at the moment) - still love all the tweaks.

Glad that the OPs issue has been sorted!

I have CM7 running on my 4.5 year old Touch Vogue and it's awesome. All thanks to the XDA community! It runs smooth, looks slick, and battery life is really good! I would have bought a new phone a long time ago but this SERO plan is just too good to give up.

You need to flash Gapps immediately after flashing your custom ROM.

I've honestly never heard of somebody not liking cyanogen ROMs.

Count me in, then. I tried CM 6.1.2 on my Droid and hated it. First off, there are no clear directions for installing the google apps. Second, it ran like shit and I could never watch a video with any program without skipping frames like crazy and losing audio sync.

I went to Liquid Gingerbread and its much, much better.

As much as I feel everyones pains none of these custom ROMs are guaranteed to work on your phone. Every single one of them has issues.
The #1 thing when trying such things IMO is making 100% sure you have a way to get back to where you were before you start.

Hope you figure out your issues, but maybe just sticking with stock is the way to go if you don't want to deal with these types of issues in the future.

I have CM7 running on my 4.5 year old Touch Vogue and it's awesome. All thanks to the XDA community! It runs smooth, looks slick, and battery life is really good! I would have bought a new phone a long time ago but this SERO plan is just too good to give up.

You can upgrade your phone on SERO... I upgraded to the HTC EVO and still have my SERO plan (though they did tack on an additional $20/month for "android phone" and "4G Enhanced Data") But I still have my truely unlimited Data, which is the only part of the plan I care about.

As much as I feel everyones pains none of these custom ROMs are guaranteed to work on your phone. Every single one of them has issues.
The #1 thing when trying such things IMO is making 100% sure you have a way to get back to where you were before you start.

AMEN! If you've Root'd then you need to IMMEDIATLY make a Nandroid Backup (backs up the entire NAND flash, including your apps/docs) incase all else fails you can restore that Nandroid

Ashton, good point. I take it you're on SERO-premium. I just would rather not see my phone bill go up 66% (paying 30 now) every month on top of whatever I would be paying for the phone. Just exercising some self control in fulfilling my material luxuries. Happy with CM7 on my hack of a phone for now. It's cool... kinda like the same feeling you get after putting in new hardware into a computer youve had for a few years.

My contract ends in August so I may end up buying something then. :D

Ashton, good point. I take it you're on SERO-premium. I just would rather not see my phone bill go up 66% (paying 30 now) every month on top of whatever I would be paying for the phone. Just exercising some self control in fulfilling my material luxuries. Happy with CM7 on my hack of a phone for now. It's cool... kinda like the same feeling you get after putting in new hardware into a computer youve had for a few years.

My contract ends in August so I may end up buying something then. :D

lol. I dont blame you one bit. When I first got my evo, after a month I tried to go back to my old Samsung Intrepid and between the hardware (Smaller, QVGA, non-capacitive Touchscreen, slower CPU) and the Software (sinking ship WM 6.5) with the addition of my tethering being shut off 40% or so of the time on WM... I just couldn't handle it...

If there had been a snappy Android phone on the non-premium SERO I probably would have gone to it.

Just remember: if you leave SERO you may NEVER return! I'm literally renewing my contract every time it comes due to make sure I dont lose my plan!

Yeah, that guy basically repackaged Aamikam's work and didn't give much credit. Sad, really, but Aamikam does awesome work for the EVO.

Back