I got some questions for you RSS experts.

I just started using RSS today and I'm still not very familar with this technology. Is RSS some sort of auto update feature that will automatically update my RSS reader with the latest article?

When subscribing to an RSS feed, how can I get it download all of the articles from the past month? Right now it seems that it downloads all of the day's article and nothing older than that.

Is there any advantage to using RSS on Firefox over IE7? For the past couple of weeks, I've been using Firefox 2.0 simply because of its ability to save all of the previous tabs that I was viewing in the event that the browser crashes. Now that I'm starting to get into RSS, I'm thinking of heading back to IE7 simply because IE7 have a common feeds feature which would allow me to view feeds in Outlook 2007 or the Windows Sidebar in Vista.

RSS checks for new content, or whatever content has been updated or sent to an RSS feed. Basically it queries for whether or not feeds you subscribe to have new content, and then displays it to you if there is updated content to be found.

Back