I got my 20 pipe Gainward 7800GS today! :D

Trimlock said:
yea, that link didn't give me the information i asked for, but thanks

The answer you are searching for are mentioned several times in this thread:
Gainward dosn't sell to the US anymore.
But you can order it from US in the link "AMD Fan" posted...

Terra...

AMD Fan: If you look at http://www.gainward.net/media/browser/index.php?action=list&dir=Specifications&order=name&srt=yes
you will see that there are 2 models 7800 GS+:

Gainward 7876-BLISS 7800GS Silent 512MB GS+
Gainward GeForce BLISS 7800GS GoldenSample AGP 512MB
Chip: 7800GT
Core: 450MHZ
Mem: 1250MHZ
Pipes: 24 -> this isn't specified in the official documentation
Gainwards barcode: 471846200-7876

and

Gainward BLISS7800GS+ AGP 256MB DVI-DVI ’’Golden SampleTM ’’
Pipes: ?? -> this isn't specified in the official documentation
Gainwards barcode: 471846200-7944

I want to know if it's the same chip on this second version, with 256MB?

Trimlock said:
yea, that link didn't give me the information i asked for, but thanks
Actually yes it did. I bought my card there. I live in Virginia. USA

I cannot find that card on the manufacturer site. Could you take a look there and tell me which one you are speaking of? http://www.gainward.net/products/
Infact the card your site descibes does not seem to exist. Misprint maybe?

bustuila said:
AMD Fan: If you look at http://www.gainward.net/media/browser/index.php?action=list&dir=Specifications&order=name&srt=yes
you will see that there are 2 models 7800 GS+:

Gainward 7876-BLISS 7800GS Silent 512MB GS+
Gainward GeForce BLISS 7800GS GoldenSample AGP 512MB
Pipes: 24 -> this isn't specified in the official documentation
Gainwards barcode: 471846200-7876

and

Gainward BLISS7800GS+ AGP 256MB DVI-DVI ’’Golden SampleTM ’’
Pipes: ?? -> this isn't specified in the official documentation
Gainwards barcode: 471846200-7944

I want to know if it's the same chip on this second version, with 256MB?

Actually yes it did. I bought my card there. I live in Virginia. USA

well thats cool, when i clicked purchase, the site didn't give me any shipping rates for sending to the US, how much did you pay to have it shipped to VA?

have you guys tried to run these at 1920 x 1080? Just wondering if this card I just ordered will play games at that res on my 37 " lcd HDTV

I really do not remember but all together it was $450. Yes on the high side but the good news is it has come down some since I got my card. Oh my version is the regular 7800GS with 512mb. Just guessing it was about $35 for shipping.

The Gainward BLISS 7800GS Silent 512MB has more than just minor changes from the NVIDIA reference design and the power supply is on of these changes. Standard 7800GS requires a separate molex power adapter, but this card has a 6-pin PCIe power connector instead. And if your power supply fails to come with this standard, all you have to do is use the enclosed adapter.

This card is a mutant. lol

I really do not remember but all together it was $450. Yes on the high side but the good news is it has come down some since I got my card. Oh my version is the regular 7800GS with 512mb. Just guessing it was about $35 for shipping.

sweet its shipping tomorrow, lets see how banged up it gets when it gets here :D

Trimlock said:
sweet its shipping tomorrow, lets see how banged up it gets when it gets here :D

Congrats man, hope you get it soon and in 100% working order :D
Lets us know how it goes, I'd like to se the trend af happy Gainward AGP owners here on [H]ard continue ;) *L*

Terra - Off to gaming land ;)

Trimlock said:

My card arrived in perfect condition. It could have been packaged a little better but the Gainward box did its job well. If you can be there for delivery that is a good idea. Take pictures if box is damaged in any way.
My card works great and I am very happy with it.

I usually get fairly bad luck with shipping :rolleyes: but i'm sure this will hit the shop in perfect condition!

really can't wait for this card

Trimlock said:
I usually get fairly bad luck with shipping :rolleyes: but i'm sure this will hit the shop in perfect condition!

really can't wait for this card

I cross my fingers for you :)
I remember, I had to wait something like 9 days before it came after it got shipped(from a german site), easter snuck up while I was waiting for it and religious fiction made the wait longer :(

Terra - Wonder how many AGP Gainward owners on [H]ard we are now..4-5? :D

Well if it makes any difference i still still have my gainward Ti4600 :D

I remember, I had to wait something like 9 days before it came after it got shipped(from a german site), easter snuck up while I was waiting for it and religious fiction made the wait longer

hah yea, i ordered a P3 900 week before christmas, it didn't show up till 3 days after news years :(

Oh crap, sorry, been busy with work and forgot to update, it hit San Diego and is on its way to Tucson

damn military mail service always adds a week onto it =(

should be here tomorrow :D

The card is playing great, right now im forced at 1280x1024, but i'm using that on FEAR, Quake4, with AA and settings set to max, it definetly blows my 6800GT away

the best thing about it though, my 6800GT had some bad memory modules, the picture would get distorted REALLY bad, and often too bad to play a game, since it doesn't really happen in older games (which is what i mostly play) i didn't really care too much, but in newer games (guessing after the images gets big enough it forces the uses of these bad modules), so now having a very quiet card, that kicks butt in this machine is way fuckin awsome i am completely stoked, and must thank you again for putting up with me and reposting that link :D

one thing i noticed, it gets a little hot, i'm looking into that right now, it might be a problem with my case, so if it gets in the red i'll change out the case (had the same case for about 7 years now hehe)

Glad to hear you like your new card :)
I can't wait to get mine going again, only 3 more days now :D

Terra - Ready for the last roar of an AGP rig ;) *L*

Why is your rig down? Been playin it hard? lol

Trimlock
Congrats on your new card. Sounds like you got some great improvement.
My case temps are about 83 F and no problems. What power supply do you have?

heh, don't kill me but its a silent ENERMAX at 550W, kinda funny a month later they introduced the same one with an extra rail that was SLi certified (i wanted to kill puppies that day) and was the same price :(

case tempt tonight got to 91, and i noticed one exhaust fan is running at very low speeds, must be a bad bearing, how ever it shouldn't still be getting that hot, i'm going to check to see if its anymore fans, and plug away

AMD Fan said:
Why is your rig down? Been playin it hard? lol

I guees so *L*
The CPU + Mobo died so I did a litle upgrade:

From singlecore P4 2.4GHz FSB 400(130nm) ---->> Pentium D 940(2x3.2GHz) FSB 800(65nm)
From Asus P4T-E ---->> Asus P5P800 SE
From 4x256 MB RDRAM --->> 4 x 512 MB DDR400(2-3-3-6)

And then just reuse the rest of my old parts, then I am ready to do some AGP gaming :D
PCI-E is a route I will go when G80/R600 is out ;)

Terra - And I get off this crappy 8MB onboard E7221 GFX-chip :D

This thread delivers, rock on man. You've just shown that my beloved nforce2 board will live on with this awesome post. Now I just need to find a Gainward vendor around So cal.

azuldenial said:
This thread delivers, rock on man. You've just shown that my beloved nforce2 board will live on with this awesome post. Now I just need to find a Gainward vendor around So cal.

There are no vendors of Gainward in the US.
You have to order it form Europe or Australia.

Terra - But peeps from the US with the Gainward 7800GS are present in this thread ;)

That graph couldnt be right, a AGP 7800gs 512mb from gainward > 7800gtx 512mb pci-e playing serious sam2 at a res of 1600x1200 ???.

Na, i fail to believe that, I know the 7800gs bliss is a good card, but it isnt good enough to get better scores at that res than the 7800gtx 512mb pci-e version.

Gainward cards are good, but not that good. Well, my few gainward 68s GS werent any better than any other 68gt maker's...

EVIL-SCOTSMAN said:
That graph couldnt be right, a AGP 7800gs 512mb from gainward > 7800gtx 512mb pci-e playing serious sam2 at a res of 1600x1200 ???.

Na, i fail to believe that, I know the 7800gs bliss is a good card, but it isnt good enough to get better scores at that res than the 7800gtx 512mb pci-e version.

Gainward cards are good, but not that good. Well, my few gainward 68s GS werent any better than any other 68gt maker's...

I have never gamed Serious Sam 2 myself, but the result fra Doom3, FEAR and FarCry are consistent with the levels of preformance that I see in my games.
The only thing a 7800GTX has going for it is 5 Mhz on the Core, 4 pipes and 1 vertex.
If that can be topped by an OC...I dunno..I could run some benches/make some vids when my new parts arrive?
(and my P D940 just got pushed to the 8/7...had better be due to the new C1 stepping)

I like the life long warranty too...O.C. included ;)
And since the RAM is 1.4ns rated at 700Mhz, but only running 600Mhz stock and most peole that OC this bad-boy ends up ~500Mhz on the core and ~1.4Ghz on the ram.

So if we look at the numbers(stock):
7800GT:
700 Mvertex/s
6400 Megapixels/s
8000 MegaTexels/s
8000 MegaShaders/s
32000 MB/s bandwith

7800GS(Gainward):
743 Mvertex/s
6800 Megapixels/s
8500 MegaTexels/s
8500 MegaShaders/s
38400 MB/s bandwith

Oc. the 7800GS and you get this(500/1.4):
7800GS(Gainward max OC)
875 Mvertex/s
8000 Megapixels/s
10000 MegaTexels/s
10000 MegaShaders/s
44800 MB/s bandwith

A stock 7800GTX 256MB
7800GTX 256MB:
860 Mvertex/s
6880 Megapixels/s
10320 MegaTexels/s
10320 MegaShaders/s
38400 MB/s bandwith

A stock 7800GTX 512MB:
7800GTX 512MB:
1100 Mvertex/s
8800 Megapixels/s
13200 MegaTexels/s
13200 MegaShaders/s
54400 MB/s bandwith

Looks funny, but the GPU isn't the only factor...perhaps something else is going on here too...

Terra - I know I like my card :D :cool:

Dont get me wrong Terra, It is a magic card, I am actually thinking about picking one up for my standby rig which had a gainward 6800gt golden sample in it, but it died and I have just got an msi 6800gt in it now.

But, that graph, shows the 7800gtx 512 pci-e get 28fps, the bliss non overclocked at 30fps and the overclocked bliss ( which I presume is manually overclocked and not factory overclocked ? ) at 34 fps.

It sure does look odd for that to be happening, I would of expected the bliss to be the one at 28fps.

Whatever, it is a real nice card for agp owners, thats why I am seriously thinking bout getting one.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Nvidia_AGP_Graphics_Cards.html

^ the sixth card down is the one I am considering, but I am in 2 minds, I want it, but I dont use that rig for anything at all, and this rig I am using now is my gaming rig, another rig with a 2800 and 7800 is for day to day shit, so basically I dunno if it would be worth me buying it as it will probably sit in the pc and do nothing.

It would be going into my socket A 2600 rig in my sig, but I dont think its worth it, When I say I dont think its worth it, i mean I dont think its worth putting such a leet card into a shit pc, but I would love to get it for the fact that it will be the last agp card of any significance that is probably made.

I think your Lifetime warranty which includes OCin is due to the fact that most people who buy GW cards beast the shiat out of em, I used to be on the GW forums til they stopped allowing posts, and they were forever helping people get the best out of overclocking there cards, and also they were magic at releasing cards that came with watercooling blocks etc already built onto the cards, I wonder if evga xfx bfg would do the same ??? Unlikely if you ask me. Its good to see a manufacturer warranty OC problems, I spose you pay the premium when you buy there cards, but it is good to know that if you OC and kill your card, that it will be covered :) There RMA service was fast aswell, I sent a 6800gt gs to them in germany and I had another brand new one within 5 days :D

Scotland to Germany to Scotland all within 5 days.

I agree, it's seems strange...but I have seen stranger things happen at times ;) *L*
All I know is that this AGP baby is rubbing noses with the PCI-E crowd...And not just trying..but giving as good as it gets :D

And yes the Factory OC-Warranty is sweet.
This is going to be my first card(infact componentat all) actually that will run O.C'ed 24/7...hell why not..I paided for it ;) *L*

And the 512MB RAM is sweet for AA...

But the 7800GS+ Bliss is also one very fine card:
7800GS+:
900 Mvertex/s
7200 Megapixels/s
10800 MegaTexels/s
10800 MegaShaders/s
40000 MB/s bandwith

OC'ed to 500/1.4:
1000 Mvertex/s
8000 Megapixels/s
12000 MegaTexels/s
12000 MegaShaders/s
44800 MB/s bandwith

That is pretty good...for AGP *L*

Terra - I have no regets about this card..excpet that it's ilde at the moment :(

Nice to see it is a good card. Performance wise. Mine came in today. Not build in yet but lookin forward to it.
I did know the + is a big one.

Have a X1800XL so the looks of it would not have anny problems with it to compete.

New results from my new rig:
image1xq9.jpg

image3mm9.jpg

image2qo7.jpg

image4ht3.jpg

Everything at STOCK settings, driver(NVIDIA 91.33) set at High Quality, Gamma and transparent AA enabled, no optimizations:

fear2006072022225493ut8.jpg

Terra - AGP is far from dead :D :p ;)

Tzzird said:
Now overclock the CPU & GPU and post results ;)

Just let me get the hang of my new rig, get i Prime95 tested to the max..then I migth do some O.C...
Last I tried my (GPU) O.C. was simmilar to the results posted in that link AMD_Fan just posted...

Terra - I'm a O.C virgin :D *L*

The 7800GS+ (7900GTX! Well, almost as it has 24 pipes and 8 vertex shaders, and 512MB GDDR3, but core and mem are slower)...must see results for one of those...

Back