I got my 20 pipe Gainward 7800GS today! :D

Well if the looks do not do much for you thats a personal view. The most important thing is this video card performs like no other AGP card in the world. It has 20 pipelines and 512MB of DDR3 goodness. Based on that information you must realize the card is good and even though you may not own one its a top AGP performing card that puts your AGP card in the dirt.
To the guy who thinks the red and black card is ugly. lol :cool:

In case anyone cares Gainward just released the 7800GTand 7900GT cards for apg. They both have 512mb of memory and look wicked cool. You can go here to check them out. Also, does anyone know why Gainward got out of the US? I used to buy Gainward only but since they pulled out of the US I switched to Evga. They make some great cards even though their tech support kinda sucks.

Carnage311 said:
In case anyone cares Gainward just released the 7800GTand 7900GT cards for apg. They both have 512mb of memory and look wicked cool. You can go here to check them out. Also, does anyone know why Gainward got out of the US? I used to buy Gainward only but since they pulled out of the US I switched to Evga. They make some great cards even though their tech support kinda sucks.

Try reading my first post ;)

Terra - Or just the thread ;)

Do you know anybody who has that Gainward video card? lol

"GeForce 7800GS turning AGP..
Gainwards offers to all true high-end enthusiasts who still have not made the move to PCI-Express. A product that has been called "a Wolf in sheep clothing". The product is BLISS 7800GS AGP Golden Sample and it comes with 20 instead of 16 pipelines... do we need to say more....."

I arose out of bed this morning and there it was a Gainward AGP card in my computer.
Ya hoo I hollered through the house.

AMD Fan said:
Do you know anybody who has that Gainward video card? lol

I arose out of bed this morning and there it was a Gainward AGP card in my computer.
Ya hoo I hollered through the house.

Woohooo, same here :eek:

Terra - Mimicks "AMD Fan" and runs around the house shouting :D

Someone needs to bench the 24 pipe version... :D

Terra - I think everyone should start signing their posts with my name

Blue Falcon said:
Someone needs to bench the 24 pipe version...

Yeah I would like to see that too ;) *L*
Would like to see what one quad more and upped stock core would do for AGP.

Terra - I think everyone should start signing their posts with my name

Your making me feel skitzo now :eek: :p

Terra - If I put in a static sig, the religious would get angry :p

Well amd_fan knows I order the 7800gs bliss with 7900 core (24 pipes) so when mine comes in I'll have to run some tests. Got the top end 3700 amd on 754 socket to match the top end agp card. To the op of this thread congrates, with it being the weekend and have to work nights its hard going to sleep right now knowing its coming. :D

Is it me or the feeling is this thread like kid let loose in a candy store. ;)

Sounds like that was exactly what your system needs. I think you will enjoy your new video card and get some great scores in 3Dmark. Besides the fact your gaming will now rock.
What power supply is currently in your rig. This baby is one hungry power using card.

Steven301 said:
Well amd_fan knows I order the 7800gs bliss with 7900 core (24 pipes) so when mine comes in I'll have to run some tests. Got the top end 3700 amd on 754 socket to match the top end agp card. To the op of this thread congrates, with it being the weekend and have to work nights its hard going to sleep right now knowing its coming. :D

Sorry finally dropped off to sleep cause I work 5th shift ( weekend nights ). PSU is 500w can't remember name right now. Short story was I thought had bad board, then I changed out the psu and did a format and fresh install ( sony rootkit screwed the pooch). Its a good one though never bought anything less then best when workin on psu, as it is now I've got more cables not used then used with at least 2 lines for 12volts plus unused connectors for the pcix cards. Man I need a good mug of coffee now. :)

Edit update: Work at a data center for book company running mainframe and as400's so I'll be here all night.

Steven301 said:

Got a link to the one with the 7900 Core?

how much is the one with the 7900 core ging for I wonder? Gainward is rackeing in some serious $$$ with these cards.

Steven301 said:
This weekend 289 pounds + sh 15 or 567 us dollars

Ouch, unless your extreamly attached to your agp system I don't know why an enthusiast would buy one.

Steven301 said:
This weekend 289 pounds + sh 15 or 567 us dollars

That should be $387.079 according to THIS site... And that should be euro's not pounds. I looked up a few sites in the UK myself over the past few days, and they all had the prices in euro's, not pounds. I would double check with the vendor...

And this does make sense if you don't need to get a new MB and processor, like me. It might not be the absolute fastest, but a $400 card makes more sense for some people right now than a new video card, motherboard, processor, and ram (for about $800+). If only eVga and BFG would market a card with 20 pipes and 512 mb in the US... but then again, converting from euro's to US$, the Gainward cards are actually cheaper, with the exception of shipping, as compared to the eVga and BFG 256mb 16 pipeline cards.

PsycoGeek said:
That should be $387.079 according to THIS site... And that should be euro's not pounds. I looked up a few sites in the UK myself over the past few days, and they all had the prices in euro's, not pounds. I would double check with the vendor...

And this does make sense if you don't need to get a new MB and processor, like me. It might not be the absolute fastest, but a $400 card makes more sense for some people right now than a new video card, motherboard, processor, and ram (for about $800+). If only eVga and BFG would market a card with 20 pipes and 512 mb in the US... but then again, converting from euro's to US$, the Gainward cards are actually cheaper, with the exception of shipping, as compared to the eVga and BFG 256mb 16 pipeline cards.

Where you get does infact matter.
I got mine from germany, cheaper than when I got my old 6800GT.
And compare the prices in DK compared to an EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GS KO SuperClock(16 pipes/256MB RAM)
EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GS KO SuperClock
3.272 kr. = $556.73
Gainward BLISS 7800GS SILENT AGP TV-DVI
3.425 kr. = $582.76
Gainward BLISS 7800GS+ AGP DVI-DVI Golden Sample
3.599 kr. = $612.37

To some (like me) it would actually been worse to get an eVGA than my Gainward.
I would loose pipes, vertexshader, ROP's, RAM and no core/mem speed would make up for that(read OC).
And for what...less than 30$?

Terra...

Terra said:
Where you get does infact matter.
I got mine from germany, cheaper than when I got my old 6800GT.
And compare the prices in DK compared to an EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GS KO SuperClock(16 pipes/256MB RAM)
EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GS KO SuperClock
3.272 kr. = $556.73
Gainward BLISS 7800GS SILENT AGP TV-DVI
3.425 kr. = $582.76
Gainward BLISS 7800GS+ AGP DVI-DVI Golden Sample
3.599 kr. = $612.37

To some (like me) it would actually been worse to get an eVGA than my Gainward.
I would loose pipes, vertexshader, ROP's, RAM and no core/mem speed would make up for that(read OC).
And for what...less than 30$?

Terra...

Was I wrong with my currency conversions?

Actually, I figured out that I was wrong... most of the prices aren't in euro's... Bummer for me. I doubt the wife will let me order a $400+ video card from Europe. Then again, it's still cheaper than a whole new system (pratically).

I had to pay in British pounds at overclockersuk. My visa card turned it into American dollars for me. About $450 dollars US including all shiping and taxes.

AMD Fan said:
I had to pay in British pounds at overclockersuk. My visa card turned it into American dollars for me. About $450 dollars US including all shiping and taxes.

Was that the 20 pipe card or the 24 pipe card?

PsycoGeek said:
Was that the 20 pipe card or the 24 pipe card?

The 20 pipe card.
He and I (and others) ordered our card before the 24 pipe model was annouced.

Terra - That's the price you pay for buying on the spot ;) *L*

The 20 pipe card just as Terra says. For my system the 24 pipe card would have given me little inprovement anyway as my CPU is a bottleneck. (Athalon XP 3000) I have it overclocked to the max and it only impoves my 3Dmark scores by 20. Now overclocking the card with coolbits gives bigger increases.

Terra said:
The 20 pipe card.
He and I (and others) ordered our card before the 24 pipe model was annouced.

Terra - That's the price you pay for buying on the spot ;) *L*

AMD Fan said:
The 20 pipe card just as Terra says. For my system the 24 pipe card would have given me little inprovement anyway as my CPU is a bottleneck. (Athalon XP 3000) I have it overclocked to the max and it only impoves my 3Dmark scores by 20. Now overclocking the card with coolbits gives bigger increases.

That makes me wonder if a 24 pipe card would do me any good... Or if I should spend the extra cash on another gig of RAM (probably the best bet).

What kind of increase are you seeing OC'ing the card?

Well I ordered the one with the 7900 core with 24 pipes back on saturday and pretty much got the same as amd fan, no tracking no more responce past the 4 emails to finally let me know its on the way by royal air mail. Now if you only count this mon (british sunday cause I think they are at least 6 hours ahead and he got his within 2 weeks mine might show up around between the 19th-24th of May 2006, and you can bet every dollar I will have coolbits2 ready with the lates drivers ready to go and overclock and bench this badboy!!! This is run on a system 1 in sig AMD 64 3700+( 2.4Gz 1meg cash). Only difference with this and lastest is duel channel memory which might increase benches by 5%. Of couse this might be long wait and some else might beat me to it.

:eek:

And it cost me 567 us dollars. But most 7900's are around 650 core plus the extra pipes since most of the GS's are 16 pipes all this for about 110 bucks more plus you pretty much got what might be the last high end agp card. Me I think its worth it, but then i've already spent my money so take it for what its worth untill I have it in hand.

Not sure if another gig would change anything? What do you guys think? His sig says he already has a gig of memory. You have a similar CPU to me too. The 7800GS might give you almost the same improvement as the 7800GS +. Read my system stats as our systems are very similar. I am happy with my purchase though this card 7800GS rocks and overclocks great too. It plays all our games great with improved resolutions. The card is a total beast and kicks but well .lol

PsycoGeek said:
That makes me wonder if a 24 pipe card would do me any good... Or if I should spend the extra cash on another gig of RAM (probably the best bet).

What kind of increase are you seeing OC'ing the card?

AMD Fan said:
Not sure if another gig would change anything? What do you guys think? His sig says he already has a gig of memory. You have a similar CPU to me too. The 7800GS might give you almost the same improvement as the 7800GS +. Read my system stats as our systems are very similar. I am happy with my purchase though this card 7800GS rocks and overclocks great too. It plays all our games great with improved resolutions. The card is a total beast and kicks but well .lol

Well, another gig of RAM would help out in other areas. I have read that there is a noticable improvement with BF2 with 2gig vs. 1gig. Not sure about any other games, but I don't know what I will be playing in a few months. I also don't know what impact 1gig vs. 2gig will have with upcoming BF2 mods (Forgotten Hope being the most anticipated mod for me). It probably wouldn't hurt to have it.

Hi,

I can't find anywhere what the maximum resolutions are on this card. I want to use it with the new Dell 3007wfp and max out the settings. Anyone know the answer to this mystery?

Regards,
RV

Another gig of ram will help load your game faster and on some games 2gigs will help it run smoother.the 7800GS is a great card if you are running a AGP system since it is the Fastest AGP card made and they overclock good too.

none of the 7800 Series cards have 24 "real" pipes just in case anyone is confused. They have 24 "pixel shaders" (just as X1900 cards have 48) and the 7800/7900 cards are all 16 "pipe" cards in the traditional use of the term. In fact, the 7800 GTX has the same pixel "fill rate" as the 6800 Ultra. Why? Because both have 16 ROPs. The GTX however has 10.32G/sec "texture fill rate", as opposed to 6.8G/sec on the 6800 Ultra because of the 8 extra pixel shaders (6800 U has 16 pixel shaders).

Terra said:
Somehow I think you are going to enjoy your upgrade more than me ;) *L*
That GeForce 4 MX420 is virtually a GF2...
If you are going to jump 5 generations, remember to fasten your seat-belt ;)

Terra - Cause youre in for one wild ride then :D

I just finished my build on Friday and man you were right. I started out with Doom3 with everything at max and OMG its nice. Riddick looks almost as good. When FEAR and BF2 come down in price, i'll give them a go. Its a great feeling when you can completely immerse yourself into a game. Gaming is fun again, how cool is that!!

pettybone said:
I just finished my build on Friday and man you were right. I started out with Doom3 with everything at max and OMG its nice. Riddick looks almost as good. When FEAR and BF2 come down in price, i'll give them a go. Its a great feeling when you can completely immerse yourself into a game. Gaming is fun again, how cool is that!!

Glad to hear, this is what it's all about...happy gaming ;)
FEAR is BTW a great game.

Terra...

Does the plus version of this card with the 7900 core carry the higher monitor resolutions? I know they call it the 7800+ but it's got the higher core. Does that mean the resolutions are a TRUE 2560x1600? Or are we stuck at the lower 7800 resolutions of 2048 x 1536?

"The term "screen resolution" refers to the number of individual pixels that fit within a given space. When we're discussing an 800x600 resolution, the number 800 refers to the number of pixels that the monitor can display horizontally, while the number 600 refers to the vertical limit.

Monitor size and optimal screen resolution are closely linked. As you increase the resolution, the screen elements appear smaller. In fact, the information contained on a 15-inch screen set to 1024x768 may be so small as to be virtually unreadable. But the same information displayed at that resolution on a 17 or 21-inch monitor would look fine.

That's because a 15-inch monitor set to display at 800x600 pixels has a higher resolution than a 21-inch monitor set to the same display. That means a 200x300 pixel GIF image will look smaller on the 15-inch monitor than on the 21-inch monitor. An image that size would still be readable, but small navigation buttons quickly become illegible - even for visitors with great eyesight."

I looked under the windows settings for resolution and it says 2048x1536 is my highest setting with my system. I wonder why the Nividia settings are not the same? I am no expert on this topic but like the question and am doing some research myself. lol

Ok hows this for luck, got home this moring from work late cause I overslept and got in late, so I get home and testing the system with new NEC 20wmgxbk and its gettin late so I go to check mail and theres a card saying I missed a registered mail from usps. OK now I head down to the post office and wait to get my card when after awhile the guy comes back and says that the package is still on the mail truck and to come back later or tomorrow morning. :( Seems like I've got a run of bad luck with shippers lately. Gonna wait 3 hours and head down just before they close and see if its back from the truck. If I get it today I will start testing and benchmarks so will post that later or in the morning. Somebody wish me so luck. ;)

Back