• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I got a satellite dish.

rjop455

n00b
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
31
I didn't know if this was the right place to post this, so forgive me if it isn't. :D

One of my neighbors was throwing away a perfectly good satellite dish. I have a wireless card; I was thinking about hooking it up to, and wanted to know if there was anything I could do with it. It has 2 Coaxial cables.
 
Just off the top of my head, I'm sure you can splice one of the coaxials so it connects to your wireless.... they looks the same, the wireless being a bit smaller. Then I'm quite sure you will have to greatly amplify the signal, not sure how, some kind of external power source that you can scale from a few milivolts up to a few volts. Get yourself a wireless monitor program that tells you your signal strength and noise and such, and start tweaking it.
 
I got a few pictures, so basiclly what your saying is a need to join

high-performance-coaxial-cables.jpg


to

xn2524g-170.jpg


Then add some power to my wireless card?
 
Why not create some sort of SETI setup? You might make first contact! Just of the top of my head I wonder if you could set up some sort of radio telescope sort of thing. I doubt the dish is big enough though.
Anyways I'll try google....
 
Back
Top