I Give Up On Those Stupid Updates

slamcmy

Limp Gawd
i was having problems with vista 64 bit...so i decided to make a clean install.....i did, i downloaded 41 updates through automatic windows updates, it finished and then it asked me to restart, i clicked on yes....and guess what ? vista never did.....all i saw was a black screen i waited for 1 hour and nothing happened.....so i restared on safe mode and the same thing another 1 hour waiting......so i made another clean install......and guess what ? it happened again the same thing so i just waisted like 5 hours for nothing...i suposed im gonna have to wait for SP1 once its released.....so i just deactivated automatic windows updates....and problem solved.....windows defender its up to date and working, my firewall too, and nod 32 is also up to date and working......no automatic updates at all, and now vista is working like it should....fast.......i have no idea of why this happened, i was a happy user of vista and now i dont know whats gonna happen to me if i dont have those updates.....im just guessing that with windows defender and firewall and nod 32 up to date im not supposed to have any problem.............Any other guy here with the same problem after those windows updates in the past 5-6 days ?

Just installed Vista x64 this weekend after using x86 since February. No problems.

Don't do automatic updates. Manually check for updates. Select all the critical ones - install, reboot. Then check the recommended updates and install the ones you want.

I also never do the MS updates until after I install the drivers for the system board (chipset, controllers etc), graphics and sound card.

Install your updated chipset drivers after a fresh Vista64 install.

Afterwards, install your network card, sound, video, reboot, install updates from microsoft.

I initially had the same issue with x86 when I installed vista. It was fine until it updated the chipset drivers, then that was the end of that installation.

It eventually sorted itself out.

Back